• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feelers: Possibly WTT Ikeda KS Clone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Kinogie

Reaction score
Knife is an Ikeda KS Clone. Aogami Super steel with Damascus cladding. Bubinga handle with Wenge ferrule.

I almost like this knife better than my actual Masamoto KS, but have come to realize I like Nakiri's the best and would like to see what's out there in trade offers for a Nakiri.

These cost $275 new. Looking for something similar in value and quality. It gets silly sharp on the stones. I am not sure on edge retention, this blade has probably been used 4 times since it was sharpened and I purchased it secondhand, also barely used beforehand.

Nice balance. Not necessarily a true laser in weight, but still very light overall. Very nice fit and finish. Thin blade, really thin behind the edge, nice grinds.

Shig's would probably be low on my list, figuring my current Nakiri is a Shig with a custom handle.

DSC_0811.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

What size is this? I'm interested in buying if you decide to go that way

I used to have one of these. Not too many around that I've seen. This looks to be about the same as the one I had, 240-250mm, about 48-49mm height on heel. The blue AS gets super sharp and the grinds on this are pretty spot on. Great preformer for the price.
I got mind from a website that's not really discussed much here.

What size is this? I'm interested in buying if you decide to go that way

It's a touch over 250mm iirc. About 49mm in height. I'll measure it when I get home.

Not sure about selling it though, promised one of my close friends I'd sell it to him if I don't trade it, but if no one makes any interesting trade offers by Wednesday or Thursday I'm probably going to sell it and just buy a Nakiri, so you'll be first in line if my friend won't immediately commit.

I used to have one of these. Not too many around that I've seen. This looks to be about the same as the one I had, 240-250mm, about 48-49mm height on heel. The blue AS gets super sharp and the grinds on this are pretty spot on. Great preformer for the price.
I got mind from a website that's not really discussed much here.

Yeah it's honestly a great knife, but I have another KS and would prefer a second Nakiri instead. I love KS's but this was more of an impulse buy a few months back.

Are pm's working correctly? Was going back and forth with someone on a trade and they haven't responded to me on either of my last two replies, but I see they've been online.

Just wondering if they just haven't responded or maybe pm's are still messed up?

Ikeda sadly back up for sale or trade as well. Was really hoping to keep one of these within my foodie friends circle but it was not meant to be...

Really prefer to trade, people keep BS'ing though, so probably easier to sell at least one and buy a Nakiri.

Back