• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carter kurochi gyuto 222mm , Masamoto KS 240 w/ blond ferrule, Benchmade carbon Shoki M390 EDC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129703219@N04/

I haven't posted for sale in ages, so I hope attaching a link to a newly established Flickr account works and gives access to the pictures. If not, PM me for pictures. All prices shipped, insured, pp fees paid, CONUS. All knives used at home only and well cared for.

Unique heavy weight Carter in that it's got more steel than most of his kitchen knives. Fun to use. Bought new, owned for a year, sharpened 1x. Has light patina and still has grinding marks from production. It's crying for customizing as it comes w/ his homely plastic ferruled handle. Length of edge is 222mm, length from handle is 237mm, height at heel is 50mm, and weight is 185 grams. Paid $549, asking $480.

The Masamoto has been around the forum twice I think and is considered "one of the good ones." Nice blond ferrule, comes w/ saya (no pin, sorry). I got it in memory of Chef KC as I recalled it was a knife with a special place in his heart, but as much as I learned from him over the few years I followed his posts I didn't fall in love w/ this as he did. Knife has a bit more patina than when I bought it, but otherwise it's pretty much the same. I'll try to include the link from the 4/29/13 posting I bought it from. Asking $260.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...S-Gyuto-w-Blond-Ferrule?highlight=Masamoto+KS

Finally, a very nice Benchmade carbon fiber Shoki Nak-Lok M390. This gentleman's carry has a leather pocket pouch with an integral clip. My sharpening has followed the factory bevel, but I haven't even sharpened it enough to erase the factory grind marks. Overall a delightful light weight (1.8 gr, I think) carry, w/ 60-62 HRC. Out of production. Asking $120.

Carter is SOLD.

For those inquiring, the Masamoto KS is 47-48mm wide at the heel. Spine at the heel is very close to 3mm. Thanks for asking.

Latest posts

Back