Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Sakai Takayuki Syousin Sakura 240mm Gyuto Passaround in the US

I was next in line!!!!!!! Maybe I'll just buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by cheflarge View Post
    Good lord this sucks.......Dude got me about five years ago for a couple, have not seen him on the forums since & must have moved........Thing that bothers me the most is that someone from our knife nut fraternity is F'n someone from our knife nut fraternity........SCUM OF THE EARTH!
    Wait, is this person a repeat offender?

Quote Originally Posted by pleue View Post
    Update:

Got a name, phone number, and Facebook/instagram page. All seems to line up including correspondence with james. He is ignoring my calls and texts. I sent emails to his current employers but haven't heard back. Any thoughts on how to proceed? Anyone in the Philadelphia area?
    Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    Send messages to his friends that seem to be in contact with him and alert them that he is a thief.
    Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    This and call the cops...
    Problem is that he and his friends may all be within the same circle and all be crooks, especially if this has happened 5 years ago to another member as well. You may have to get the police involved and/or show up at his work… are there actually bounty hunters for hire in the USA like I see on tv?

If his employer is reputable they probably don't want the bad publicity and would try and force his hand to resolve and make it go away… just tread lightly so you don't get in trouble yourself.

This last bit may not be helpful at this point, but since I recall old PM's were missing, are there still email notifications of said PM's? I usually get an email for each PM with the message included which eventually get archived in my other emails, so still have a record even if I empty my PM folders at KKF.

I really hope this ends positively for everyone.
    "A dull knife means you're a ******* loser" – Matty Matheson

Contact local news

Sorry for the confusion. I just wanted to state how sh!tty I thought it was that people from our forum would do something like this (to their own). In so doing wanted to explain how I was taken advantage of. As far as I know IT IS NOT the same person.
    Good food is essential, where knives are an integral part of the process.

Bump, still no response. Any ideas. I'm tempted to post contact and business info here but not sure if that's against the rules. We have no members in Philadelphia willing to lend a hand?

If neither the guy nor his employer has answered in any way, than I would say the next step is to inform the police. He was given a fair chance to make things right.

While I am not sure it would be OK to publish the person's name, it surely is OK to publish the Restaurant he works for.

Quote Originally Posted by pleue View Post
    Bump, still no response. Any ideas. I'm tempted to post contact and business info here but not sure if that's against the rules. We have no members in Philadelphia willing to lend a hand?
    What about a designated day when a whole bunch of us call this guy at work? I'd be willing to call a few times throughout the day.

one person can pretend to be a jigolo that is demanding restitution for non-payment to give maximum embarrassment factor.

Just a bunch of you guys go there have a nice dinner, get the knife and then he will pay the bill of the dinner!