Bloodroot's rehandling and tuning of some forgies and other ODC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had accumulated a bunch of old dirty carbon cleavers and knives both Forgies and others and I convinced the nice folks at Bloodroot to rehandle and tune them for me even though they really don't do many rehandles or much tuning anymore. The results are *amazing* as these pictures show. (These are the knives and cleavers whose HRC I posed a thread about a week or so ago - the forgies chef is in the 60-61 range.)

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

Oh here are Bloodroot's "tuning notes": "We thinned them pretty substantially (the slicer and chef mainly, and the LL Bean) and they're all wicked sharp. The LL Bean knife needed quite a bit of reprofiling but it should use quite a bit better now. Love to hear your thoughts. The choil shot is the gyuto and it gets finer behind the last bit of the edge than it looks due to the shape of the heel. It should be a nice cutter."

Beautiful set you've put together there. Definitely something you can be proud to pass down in the future:doublethumbsup:

Be well,
Mikey

Looks nice. Love the chef knife profile and finish. Too bad I have neither a Forgie to tweak nor any persuasion skills.

Beautiful, and understated. Those guys named David and Luke seem to know a thing or two about knives. ;)

Those look great! I've been on the lookout for some Forgies at local flea markets to have some fun with.

I love forgecrafts, and these are lovely examples. I had some tested as well and can back at about the same hardness. Design classic.

Now that where the Instagram ones gone to. That a brilliant idea on your behalf.

Back