Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how about a burke

Sounds like fun. Can you post some pics of his previous work?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Ummm, yes, I think there would be a lot of interest in that. If only your son knew someone who knew their way around 52100.....hmmmm.....
    definately. I am pretty sure that he could work that out.

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    A "Baby-Burke" could be interesting. If they are top notch cutters with a bit of outsourcing, I might go for one. If the cutting performance (grind) isn't great, I would certainly pass.
    I'll see if he is interested in doing a 240ish western gyoto for a pass around. send it to everyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by goodchef1 View Post
    I would be interested in a western 240 gyuto (lookin like your avatar) preferable stainless clad, but either way is fine.
    Joe's will all be 52100 in the beginning. until he gets to where he can forge weld stainless and then stainless to carbon.

Put me on the top of the list Bill that way your son's knife will not get to home sick, be in good company for sure.

What is your son's name BTW?

Joe Burke

I have ordered to many all ready, so I have to pass on this one

I am in as well. I always love to try out new knives and meat new makers. I will be needing that knife from Bill first though!

How about a Burke?

Hello All,

I am Joe. I am looking to make a few kitchen knives. I have been working on a few designs based off my experiences with Epic Edge, my father, and fifteen years of knife shows. These models will be designed roughly on the software program known as Solidworks. I will post a few of my ideas soon.

I will be honest with all of you though. I am a full time college student spending 14 hrs a day six days a week learning. This semester poses to be my toughest as it consists of Calculus 3, Differential Equations, Intro to Coding, and Physics 2 with Calculus. This and my beautiful mate will take up a good section of my time.

The point is that I will be working on my time when I can. Due to these parameters I will produce a knife and post photos of it on the forums. If someone likes it they may inquire further and possibly buy it. However, I will likely not have time to custom cater a knife for anyone nor will I be very willing to alter a finished product.

With that in mind I am very open to discuss/consider ideas, features, and criticism. I may not listen for reasons of my own, but will respect those who respect me and my decisions.

I look forward to making good friends and performing knives for an affordable price. Thank you all for your interest and time.

-Joe

Thanks Joe! I admire your willingness to undertake this project considering all of your other commitments.
    I have no issues about working within your guidelines.
    Hit the ground runnin'!

D
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter