A Start

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
Prompted to sharpen something today.

It will never be new again. I miss the mirror finish but like a good wife she performs better than she looks.

Look's great and ready for action:thumbsup:

The finish you put on it is exactly the kind of finish I like on a knife: plain and easy to deal with.

Nice. You mind saying what grits you sanded with? I think I prefer the satin finish.

Dremel sander with 220 wet paper. Scotchbrite bad with comet, 0000 steel wool with silver polish, paper towel with silver polish.

JNS offers powder that, combined with water and cork, allows you to refinish rust blade in just 2 minutes.
While 80 grit sounds like something very coarse, in practice it leaves a pretty good finish that you probably wouldn't want to polish any higher.

Wow, were all of those orange spots rust? Were they left wet or would that just develop no matter how hard you try to wash and dry quickly

Wow, were all of those orange spots rust? Were they left wet or would that just develop no matter how hard you try to wash and dry quickly

I believe it was stated in a different thread that this was left in a sink for a bit.

Nice restoration Salty!

Back