D. Martell #2 - DONE!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's #2 all ready to ship. For this one we have some of the coolest ancient NZ kauri I've seen yet combined with a black canvas micarta bolster which has been pinned using black micarta rod (a little more subdued than the silver pin used on #1).

What do you think?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

P1010021.jpg

P1010019.jpg

p1010007.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010018.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010017.jpg

That's a significant improvement, imo. Nice job, Dave!

make all your # series handles different and unique.

Wow!! Dave that is frikkin beautiful. I really like the logo too. its a kinda retro.

Its a start. Hope you start to fix your bolsters :)

I hate micarta. Makes me think of hunting and survival knives. I know Pierre had some micarta once going on, but Im glad I havent seen it on his knives for a year :)

I love it. Once I get my Rodrigue hunting knife paid for, expect an order! :)

I'm a huge fan of what you are doing with the handles and I think the micarta is a nice touch. Unique.

Dave it does look better with a dark pin. I would still work towards hidden pins though.

Dave, what are the final dimensions on these, length, height, weight, etc?

I still think the bolster doesn't need a pin and that modern epoxy is strong enough... but I'm also not a knife maker =)

And that is the second one WOW
help yourself to the frige.:beer:

Yep. Dark pin was definately the way to go. Very nice blade and handle. Got some nice NZ Kauri myself, but I need to get them stabilized. Looks from your handle that it will be well worth the expense.

DarKHOeK

That's a good looking knife.I do like the micarta bolster,it gives a great contrast to the wood.

Nice looking knife, Dave. Can't wait to see #3.

I can't wait to see #3 either :D Feel free to take your time making it even more perfect if you need to:wink:! These last two look pretty impressive, I can't wait to see what the Ironwood looks like!

Latest posts

Back