Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: #2 - DONE!

Great job, Sir!
    I'm really impressed by this! In fact, I think the micarta looks great in this case, and I was dead set against it. Seeing this has got me re-thinking my original wood choice.
    I'll p/m you.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Great job, Sir!
    I'm really impressed by this! In fact, I think the micarta looks great in this case, and I was dead set against it. Seeing this has got me re-thinking my original wood choice.
    I'll p/m you.

You're a mad man!

Quote Originally Posted by Avishar View Post
    I can't wait to see #3 either Feel free to take your time making it even more perfect if you need to! These last two look pretty impressive, I can't wait to see what the Ironwood looks like!

Scales are being mounted today - bolsters already attached and I did some additional thinning and tweaking to the whole knife yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Looks wonderful Dave. And #10 is getting closer. Each number closer to 10 looks better.

k.

It's getting closer than you might think.

I need to get my box of goodies (scissors, rehandle jobs, etc.) ready to send out.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Dave, Good looking blade and handle.. Congrats on #2
    Marcarta isnt a bad choice. and often times looks so much better in hand then in pictures. The darker pin allows a better flow to the knife in my opinion..

Keep the sparks flyin!
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I like the Micarta pin much more....Very nice!!!

Will there be a passaround?

I would like to have a passaround with the knives from the other new makers. In KFs days, devin challanged you guys for the best knife. Id say we pick 3 persons that could be the judge of who new makers is the best

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...hp?tid/893780/

What do you say?

I like it, I like it. The black on black in that bolster is an interesting look. Might be worth keeping in mind for future handle design.

Looks great, Dave!