haven't purchased new knife in almost 2 years...but saw this and had to have

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cadillac J

Founding Member
Reaction score
As posted many times in the past, I love Fujiwara knives...currently own a 270mm suji and honesuki (FKMs), and previously had a 210mm gyuto and 240 suji (FKHs) that I sold long ago.

They are my #1 recommended brand to people who are new, as they are a great bargain, and can take a beating better than many of the higher hardness steels, yet they still take a superb edge that holds up pretty well even on plastic cutting boards.

Many know that I love using a suji as an all around knife: I have 300mm, 270mm(x2), as well as a 210mm petty Suisin Inox Honyaki. Considering the Suisin is very light and thin (don't get me wrong, it is still a badass), I've been thinking about having a little more robust sujihiki at 240mm.

So I recently was just browsing over JCK randomly last week, and saw that have a "New" FKM series with wine-colored pakka wood handles. Jumped on the 240 suji immediately....already received, sharpened and further tweaked over the last two nights...I love how these new scales look. Apologize if everyone already saw these and they are old news, as I don't come around here as often anymore.

It's the simple things in life...

8wig4g.png

I very much like the wine color handle. Great improvement over straight black. Is the FKM with the wine handles the stainless series, or carbon?

Back