• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mizuno Honantren 270mm yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dardeau

Reaction score
For Sale: Mizuno Honantren blue #2(?) yanagiba
I realized today that I always reach for my Masamoto yanagiba, and I'm not cutting enough fish nowadays to need a fresh edge before I have time to sharpen.
I bought this to use while I rehabbed the Masamoto after a nasty spill, and kept it so I could have a fresh edge to trade out for. It has been used, but not abused in a professional kitchen and sharpened regularly. The geometry and profile are well maintained and it has plenty of life left.
The retention on this is its strong point, this knife will stay usably sharp forever.
The knife has a d shaped handle, stock saya and pin, and I'm pretty sure I can dig up the original box from my closet.
Picture will follow when I have the knife in my hands, it is in my bag at work right now.
I am open to all kinds of trades or will sell for $250 shipped conus, others pay for shipping.

ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1421802984.724497.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1421802998.300476.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1421803014.684403.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1421803029.100907.jpg
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1421803044.149383.jpg

When I pulled this out for glamor shots it had a weird streak of patina where some of the mineral oil was wiped away, and a small chip. Sad Times, and price drop to $225.

looks like the streaks i get when the blade isnt completely dry and i put oil on... easy to fix with a rust eraser and about 20 seconds of time. Good luck with the sale.

I'm more bummed about the chip. I don't remember chipping it, so it was a surprise.

I recommend this knife! I've had the same one, in the "special" blue 2, for seven years now. Still in great shape, thanks to JNats.

You can fix the chip by starting on a 400 stone. Should be gone in a few passes, as the Mizunos take to the the stones quite well.

Good knife, good price, good luck with sale...

One bump, and if it doesn't move I'll fix the chip and relist

Back