Pacman endgrain cutting board - 660 pieces

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnstoc

Reaction score
Have been wanting to do one of these for a while, finally made it happen! Pacman scene in 660 pieces. Text was inspired by a card my girlfriend got me which cracked me up.

Maple, walnut, and cherry. Finished dimensions ~16"X22"X2". There are a few people on Etsy that sell similar boards for ~$150, I have no idea how these guys make any money. I spent $100 on lumber and have at least 15 hours into it. Granted, you could get cheaper lumber if you shop around and have access to a planer and jointer, and could crank subsequent ones out faster. But still...

Very nicely done, and very cool reference for the caption:thumbsup:.

I have no idea how these guys make any money
Easy answer...they don't. From a market standpoint, once you include time spent, very few craftsmen make anything close to a profit. Most just hope to make enough to cover materials for the next project.

Be well,
Mikey

I am legitimately impressed, maybe this summer I should copy you and make my project a cutting board. P.S. that's epic, I love the details in the wording and choices of lumber, really top notch stuff.

I'm a little slow. My daughter had to explain that she thought I was an omnomnomnivore . Then she show me the t shirt image again. Cool board, great patience .

Very nicely done, and very cool reference for the caption:thumbsup:.

Easy answer...they don't. From a market standpoint, once you include time spent, very few craftsmen make anything close to a profit. Most just hope to make enough to cover materials for the next project.

Be well,
Mikey

Mikey nailed it. I often tell people that I run the worst business in the world, because all I do is make a piece or two to keep the lights on, and buy a coffee. This is all for the love of the game.

The board looks amazing, by the way!

Back