Look at all the lurkers!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
As I write this there are nearly 3 times as many non members as there are members. While this is fantastic, all of you guys found this site, and I hope are finding lots of cool things to read or research, take a few moments to sign up, say hi! Who knows who you will meet, and I am sure some of have lots to offer!!

Pierre

Many of them are search engine spiders.

They should, I have learned a ton in the last couple of years hanging around you guys.

We are less than 200 people away from becoming a 1000 member forum, which is a great milestone and a statement that whatever we are doing here, we are doing it right.

So, come on guys, step out of the dark and join the light. Refer your inlaws, friends, neightbors who might be interested in things we talk around here.

And admit, a thousand members forum that is only a few months old, now that is damn impressive.

M

Though I found this forum about a month ago, I've just signed up to become a member. I feel truly lucky to have found a place that offers such superb reviews of products, as well as world class artisans from knife makers, handle makers, and knife sharpeners. The amount of information here is mind boggling. Maybe just reading and talking about knives will help me subdue the urge to splurge on more knives for the time being, or at least give me a few different small projects to help me pass the time in between.

Taylor

Welcome. Educated purchase will likely make you enjoy it for a long time. Many feel a peer pressure to build up their collection quickly (and many of their knives end up in For Sale section eventually), but I don't think it's a right approach. Buy what you can afford and remember that your taste will likely change as you learn more.

Also, give US makers as much (if not more) consideration as Japanese, as many of us started making knives long after becoming collectors of Japanese knives, and our work reflects what we see as an improvement over Japanese.

M

I actually lurked for more then 3 months before finally signing up and getting my first purchases in.. You can learn so much more when you actually ask questions pertaining to your own preferences rather then just lurk and skim of the info.. So what I'm saying to all you lurkers is to COME ON IN!!!

I lurked for a while on a previous forum before starting to chime in every once in a while. I don't always have a whole lot to add given the depth of experience and knowledge here, but there are definitely times to add a point of view here or there or to ask questions to clarify something. Lurkers are definitely welcome to come on in from the shadows :)

Though I found this forum about a month ago, I've just signed up to become a member. I feel truly lucky to have found a place that offers such superb reviews of products, as well as world class artisans from knife makers, handle makers, and knife sharpeners. The amount of information here is mind boggling. Maybe just reading and talking about knives will help me subdue the urge to splurge on more knives for the time being, or at least give me a few different small projects to help me pass the time in between.

Taylor

Welcome to KKF Taylor! :)

Much appreciated Dave. I look forward to see how your own projects are coming along, as well as Marko. On a side note, I had put in a custom order for a cutting board on Marko's site, and didn't realize till a couple days ago that he is no longer making them with his passion moving towards producing his own knives. Just my luck, but on the bright side, maybe I'll end up just making my own, and end up saving a couple of bucks in the mean time.

Taylor

In addition, it seems like it's a huge plus to get to know you guys in here, not just for the range of knowledge, but knowing what goes into producing a knife by hand. Not to mention, when it does come time for me to go the full custom route, which makers to choose, and how much is on their plates at the time to know what kind of a wait I'm in for.

I lurked for ages before I realised there are many more forums that are accessible once you have registered. Felt a bit stupid when I finally did

I've lurked on this forum for a while now and learnt a hell of a lot. This is a great source for knife information and its definitely fueled a new addiction. :cool2:

Back