Snowstorm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikyjr23

Reaction score
How about this snow storm in the northeast 😱

Post pics, discuss ect. :)

Unfortunately I can't post pics for some reason :(

has to be the biggest bust in weather prediction ever? I know NE is still going to get hit, but they were saying we would get 1-2 feet, and we have like 5 inches if that?

Complete bust and killing our company. Western Massachusetts here, with maybe 4 inches so far. Roads perfectly fine, but our Governor declared a state of emergency and travel ban. State troopers pulled over two of my construction crews and sent them home. I know it's considerably worse in Boston, and the travel ban might actually be warranted, but it's asinine to make it state wide as opposed to county by county.

has to be the biggest bust in weather prediction ever? I know NE is still going to get hit, but they were saying we would get 1-2 feet, and we have like 5 inches if that?

Yep, I live down the road a bit. I'd say we dodged a big bullet. Weather is hard to predict. People are going to *****'n because of this. On the other side of the coin. If there weren't any storm warnings and we got hit with two or more feet of snow and lost power people would be crying, "Why didn't you guys warn us?" You can't win. Better to be overly cautious and wrong.

Heard that 99Limited, predicting the weather is a crapshoot, no one ever TRULY knows what is going to happen till the DAY OF or maybe even minute of

Still snowing here. Wicked winds . Maybe 16 to 18 inches. Suffolk County got a little more.View attachment 26109

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 55
I'm jealous, and so are my two children:biggrin: 16-18 inches is a lot of fun, only bummer to me is if you lose power.

18 degrees and the wind is whipping . Too cold for snowmen . I will force my kids outside this afternoon after I finish digging myself out. I try not to think how much this storm will cost me, and enjoy my family moment.

I've been hanging out here to avoid clearing a path to my cars and chicken coop. My kids don't want me to snow blow the driveway at all. I can live with that for now.

MTA as usual a total piece of junk of a service. Shuts down for a few inches snow, resumes "sunday level service" aka terrible, sometime today. all for the low cost of $116 a month. anyways, all the storm has done is delayed me sending a few knives to forum members out in CA.

MTA as usual a total piece of junk of a service. Shuts down for a few inches snow, resumes "sunday level service" aka terrible, sometime today. all for the low cost of $116 a month. anyways, all the storm has done is delayed me sending a few knives to forum members out in CA.

I've only lived here for a few weeks but I agree for the most part. Although it could still be worse

:rofl2: Not even close, personally enjoyed two hurricanes sitting on the deck in north Hawaii this year alone.

Be well,
Mikey

I'm going to.....NOT post pictures of the backyard here in Dallas...I value my life.

Heard a good one today - Out east today is called Snowmeggedan - in Wisconsin we would call it Tuesday. We have avoided a lot of it this year so far though and I am OK with that.

18 inches for us in Maine with two more storms in the forecast...

RI faired about the same. ~18 inches and wind whipped. We got a second insult to injury two nights ago (another 6 inches) and they are calling for snow tomorrow night and a possible big storm Monday. Shoveling has already lost its allure :surrendar: and my yuppie fireplace isn't cutting it either.

Thinking about taking my Kitayama to the plow edge...one pass and done

How bout some mid west pics. 18 inches and 30 mile hour winds and more. No sissy storm.

We ended up with about 12 inches, but I am north of Milwaukee - Salty is in the main spot between Milwaukee and Chicago that got dumped on pretty good. I grilled brats that afternoon and the only issue was the wind blew out my gas grill three times.

Back