Quantcast
Fixing a Bent Tip? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fixing a Bent Tip?

If you grind the spine down something coarses would be better, maybe even a concrete sidewalk to start with. A Chosera 400 is too nice a stone for coarse crap like that, if you need to use it rather use the sides of the stone, grinding a spine can leave nasty grooves fast.

Anglegrinder!!!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by Rottman View Post
    If you grind the spine down something coarses would be better, maybe even a concrete sidewalk to start with. A Chosera 400 is too nice a stone for coarse crap like that, if you need to use it rather use the sides of the stone, grinding a spine can leave nasty grooves fast.
    Ok, great info. I used my Korin stone fixer once as a wet stone to fix a friend's knife that had no edge on it. Maybe I'll try that first.

Thanks,

-AJ

that would be a good way to start... this kind of thing tends to leave scars in the stones

not if you use the side of a stone or use a dmt

i usually fix tips by grinding off the top and polishing it up on the side of my beston 500 and bester 1200 although its not really necessary to polish

I think I got it. I used the stone fixer stone as a wet stone and it took the curl on the end right off. I noticed she has no edge on this knife at all. I know all she has ever used in the past is one of those pull through sharpeners they sell in sporting goods at Walmart. And I found there is a wave in the blade about an inch from the tip. I plan on working the knife a little bit every day. I'm just trying to help out a friend not trying to turn this into a wonder of stainless steel.

Thank you guys for your help,

-AJ

+ Reply to Thread