Breadcrumbs?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimag333

Reaction score
So I made no knead bread for the first time, came out ok but I wanted to make breadcrumbs from the rest.Left it out for 2 days, just put the bread in the food processor and the inside is still pretty moist, I was thinking about leaving the crumbs out for a couple hours to dry out, good idea or is all hope lost

steve

might as well toss in some bread pics, all I had was active yeast no instant yeast

Wow...that is an excellent crumb/crust formation for a no-knead bread....I wouldn't have imagined it possible. Please share the recipe :)

The bread looks great. I would use a very slow oven rather than just leave it out to dry for breadcrumbs

I basically left them out for a couple hours, just heated up the oven to 350 with the baking sheet in it, turned the oven off, put the crumbs on the sheet tossed it back in for a couple minutes, pulled em out and hit them in the food processor one more time, they seem all good now, I have them in a ziplock bag, any other recommendations?

I use a Romertopf clay baker preheated in the oven. They work great and can often be found at Sally Ann or thrift stores for a few $$. A lot more yeast in this recipe than I use. I'll try it

Slightly offtopic but discovered that last night.

What happens when you throw a small block of ice in the dutch oven on the top of the bread.

15787313494_a5a987f194_z.jpg

Crumb shot

15789820633_882e3a2725_z.jpg

do you do that for moisture? I find my bluestar is pretty "wet" especially when I start it up, lots of moisture in there, not sure where it comes from but the factory says it is normal

For fresh breadcrumbs just slice and toast any bread from homemade to challah in the toaster. Break up slices and pulse in a food processor or vitaprep to desired consistency.

Back