Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eggs sticking to shells

I cook mine at 64 C but thats a runny center. As for boiled eggs, I would go boil them for 8 min in rolling boil then shock in cool water( not iced) . You gotta make sure you peel them almost immediately so that the whites don't have a chance to settle in and set to the shell

An article on the subject: http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/05/t...iled-eggs.html

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

There are some things SV arent made for like green leafy vegetables and hard-boiled eggs. Why use SV for a much longer time when one can simply boil it for a few minutes, shock in ice water and peel with ease? The key is not to let the eggs (not ultra fresh ones) sit too long before peeling.

I cook mine at 75c/167f for 13 minutes, it's a little more picky about time but when it's the morning I want it done faster, not more consistently. To solve the shell sticking problem, I use an egg topper. They're apparently common in Europe, but you can get them on amazon for pretty cheap. It's kind of a hat with a long pole and metal ball attached to it, you drop the ball on the hat and it cracks the shell where the hat touches. Then you can just pour the egg out through the hole without worrying about stickage. Hard to describe, so just look at one on amazon.