Super Bowl Appetizers...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas on something unique to bring to a SB party. I want something I can do most of the prep ahead of time but will have the use of an oven but want to try to stay away from the stove.

Was considering making these chicken liver, scallop and bacon apps that inspired me to reach out to ya'll for your suggestions, go-to winner apps

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/dream-super-bowl-snack-recipes_n_2569103.html

So now I'm thinking about making mushroom stuffed beef rolls wrapped in bacon with a cold dip.

Going to pound thin sliced eye round of beef and stuff it with dried porcini and wild mushroom duxelle, wrap it in bacon and serve it with a beefy creme fresh dipping sauce. Sounds like a umami bomb and all I need to do at the party is pop them in a screaming oven.

Sounds like your on the way to Negimaki. http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/02/grilling-negimaki-japanese-beef-rolls-recipe.html

I've done these with blanched scallions and with asparagus with good results. No reason (that I know of) that you couldn't use the same technique with shrooms. Or offer a little variety.

Suggest you put one of your de Buyers in your pocket should oven space get tight. Better that way anyway. Pics or it didn't happen.:hungry:

It happened.

20141018_113341.jpg

So as it turned out I'm making Tandoori chicken roulades topped with tzatziki, tabouli on lavish bread.

I SV 4hr/140 boned dark meat chicken and used tranzglutaminase to attach two thighs together and seasoned the outside with a fresh Tandoori rub I made. cooled after cooking.

For the test all did was slice the roulades 1/4 thick, topped with tandoori paste and broiled then for 5-6 min till paste and chicken was charred a bit and chix warm. Then topped them with fresh tzatziki, tabouli on a square of lavish bread. They're savory, spicy, fresh and clean and the chix is juicy and meaty. I'l take some shots of them in action tonight at the SB party. Go Pats!

Back