• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A bunch of single bevels, chuka, nakiri, and gyutos from Len's collection

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
You've seen most of these guys posted up here before in big bundles. Looks like there's no getting around giving the postal service a good bit of revenue, so now they're available individually!

---

single-bevel-bundle-deba.jpg

Deba
1. Sakai Takayuki white-2 180mm - forged by Kenji Togashi and finished by Yukinori Oda. Both are certified Sakai traditional craftsmen, and Kenji Togashi forges the Suisin Densho line of knives and the Suisin Momiji knives. Never used it, so it's brand-spankin' new. Asking $250

2. Yoshihiro 150mm blue-2 150mm honkasumi with saya - this is a "meat-and-potatoes" deba, made well but it's a workman's knife. It'll be an interesting comparison against the Sakai Takayuki forged and finished by particularly notable craftsmen. Asking $170

3. Konosuke Fujiyama blue-2 270mm mioroshi mirror-polished, with saya - this thing is a beast, and it's a custom piece you're not likely to come across again. This knife is essentially brand-new, and very possibly totally brand new. I never got around to using it - too pretty, too beastly - and I don't think the previous owner ever got to use it because he sold it very shortly after receiving it (and he waited a long time between ordering and receiving, if I remember correctly). I am sad to see this one go, but if it's a knife that won't see any use in my hands, then I am not the one to hang on to it. I think this knife will really give you a sense for what big deba and big mioroshi are all about. There won't be *any* fish that you can't take apart with this baby. Asking $625

4. Yoshikane SKD 150mm - standard-profile medium-sized deba in semi-stainless SKD steel, by Yoshikane who apparently really likes experimenting with different steels and trying new things, and I think this is a very nice medium deba. This one has seen a bit of use, but in excellent condition. Asking $175

5. Mikihisa blue-2 90mm kurouchi - a small ko-deba (or aji-kiri), perfect for filleting small fish like whiting or small rainbow trout or catfish; definitely a no-frills little knife, but very handy around the kitchen if you ever deal with small fish. Asking $15, but only in combination with another knife (it's not worth shipping it otherwise!)

6. Konosuke Fujiyama blue-1 210mm mioroshi w saya - a beautiful knife with its rosewood handle, you don't usually see them with blue 1 hagane; I have never used it since I received it, but I have absolute confidence that it's going to be absolutely kick-ass for its new owner. Asking $460

7. Itinomonn white-2 240mm kurouchi mioroshi - a bigger mioroshi that can handle pretty much anything you throw at it; used a few times but in excellent condition. Asking $200

8. Sakai Takayuki white-2 180mm by Keijiro Doi - the man who forged this knife practically needs no introduction; beautiful knife with rosewood handle, and I've never used it so this is absolutely brand-spankin' new. Asking $330

single-bevel-bundle-slicers.jpg

Kiritsuke
1. Suisin Densho white-1 240mm with saya - forged by Kenji Togashi (hey, here he is again!); beautiful knife, handles wonderfully, and it's a great, portable size. I've used this a bit - it was my carry-knife for a while for making snacks at the office - but it's only seen the stones once. Asking $450

2. Suisin Saika white-2 270mm with saya - forged by Itsuo Doi, son of the legendary Keijiro Doi. I bought this one in order to see what Itsuo Doi's work is like, but I haven't gotten around to using it. Not even once. So this is brand-spankin' new. Asking $360

3. Sakai Takayuki white-2 270mm by Keijiro Doi - another beautiful knife made by the now-retired master, with rosewood handle, and never-used so it's absolutely brand new. Asking $350

Yanagiba
1. Taikyu white-1 300mm with saya - white 1 is not a steel you see very often, so this is a chance to try out what a white-1 yanagiba is like. I never got a chance to use this one, so it's brand new. Asking $285

2. Suisin Saika white-2 300mm with saya - forged by Itsuo Doi, son of the legendary Keijiro Doi. Again, I bought this one in order to see what Itsuo Doi's work is like, but I haven't gotten around to using it. It's brand new. Asking $300

3. Shigefusa Kiya 300mm w saya - everyone talks about Shigefusa knives, with particularly high regard for single bevels. This one is Kiya-branded, but the back side shows that it is Shigefusa-made. Excellent condition. Asking $460

4. Suisin Dreamcraft white-2a 330mm kensaki yanagiba w saya - this is the epitome of cool, forged by Kenji Togashi (again!), with white buffalo horn ferrule and endcap on a yew handle. This is one of the best yanagiba that has come from Suisin, and it is as eye-droppingly beautiful as you can get without going kitaeji. Beauty and performance. Asking $820

5. Sakai Takayuki white-2 300mm by Keijiro Doi - this is a yanagiba forged by the now-retired master; rosewood handle, never used so it's totally brand new. Asking $360

6. Sakai Izuminokami kitaeji blue-1 300mm with ebony handle & saya, silk knife bag, and ho wood box - made by certified Sakai traditional craftsmen, and the attention to detail and quality shows very clearly. I had bought this intending it to be my last and greatest yanagiba. It has never been used, so it's absolutely brand new. With this yanagiba, you'll see the pinnacle of Sakai craftsmanship. Asking $1250

single-bevel-bundle-usuba.jpg

Usuba
1. Yoshikane SKD 195mm - a wonderful, light and nimble usuba from the knife geeks at Yoshikane; a basic but excellent performer. Used a few times, but I've never taken it to the stones. Asking $225

2. Konosuke Fujiyama white-2 180mm mukimono w saya - the Fujiyama line is Konosuke's premier product line, and I had intended to use this knife to try doing mukimono work. I haven't used it, but it came to me second-hand in excellent condition. Asking $220

3. Sakai Takayuki white-2 195mm by Keijiro Doi - a great usuba from the now-retired master; rosewood handle, never used so it's absolutely brand new. Asking $260

Nakiri
1. Asai AS 170mm - this is the first of 3 AS nakiri in this bundle, and has a slightly different feel from the others - indeed, my wife rates the feel on the Asai as one of her favorites. This one has a hammered finish, and you can see layering in the cladding that is suminagashi-like. Asking $195

2. Zakuri AS 180mm kurouchi - this is the second of 3 AS nakiri in this bundle, and is one of the carefully-selected product lines from JKI. I have never used it. Asking $150

3. Takeda AS (Classic) 165mm - This is the one that introduced me to the world of classic Takedas. Excellent condition. Asking $240

4. Kochi V2 180mm kurouchi - V2 is a steel that we didn't hear about very often until the past 2 or 3 years, but it has performed well in the hands of skilled craftsmen. Used a few times, in excellent condition. Asking $180

5. Yoshiaki Fujiwara (Kato) blue-2 165mm - Used just a few times. In excellent condition. Asking $280

6. Watanabe Pro blue-2 180mm w/ Stefan Keller handle - Watanabe does an excellent job with blue-2 and Stefan does an excellent job with handles. Put them together, and you have a nakiri that just begs to be tried and tested in your kitchen. Asking $225

Chuka
1. Sugimoto white-2 220mm (#6) - This one chuka is often recommended when folks start asking about their first high-quality chuka, but there's nothing beginner about this one. It's a quality chuka with no frills, but a very comfortable oval-barrel handle. The edge profile has a bit more curve to it than the others, but it is not overly curvy. Only used a few times. Asking $280

2. Tadatsuna ginsanko 220mm - A traditional chuka in stainless ginsanko. I haven't used it since I got it. Asking $350

3. Itinomonn white-2 215mm kurouchi - A heavier slicing chuka, like a #7. Beautiful handle. A great way to see how a #6 standard compares to a #7 heavier slicer - just make sure you don't use it to chop through bones! Only used a few times. Asking $290

4. Takeda AS (Classic) 265mm w saya - This is a beast at first sight, but graceful when you pick it up in your hand. It was a custom job from a number of years ago, so it is in every way a "classic" Takeda before there were any questions or concerns about quality control. Larger than standard size, and comes with a maplewood saya. I've used it a number of times, but one of the great things about Takeda Classics is that it looks just as good as new :) Asking $675

Gyuto
1. Gesshin Hide blue-2 240mm w saya - forged and finished by some of the finest Sakai certified traditional craftsmen, the Gesshin Hide line is one of the premier product lines at Japanese Knife Imports (JKI). You're getting one of the best-forged and best-heat-treated gyutos from Japan. It is a fine example of the Sakai style of gyutos. Seen some use, but in very good shape. Asking $475

2. Kochi migaki blue-2 240mm - also one of the carefully-chosen product lines over at JKI, this one has a completely different feel from the Gesshin Hide. The cosmetic wear on the finish one shows that this one has seen a fair bit of use before it came to my hands, but it functions and performs perfectly. Asking $245

3. Henckels Miyabi SG-2 Birchwood 240mm w saya - this one is a chance to try out SG-2 powdered steel in an attractive, stylish knife. It has pre-fab layered cladding on it, but it's subtle so it doesn't scream for attention. The saya is a little loud though! I've never sharpened it, and it doesn't seem like the previous owner ever did, either. Asking $285

4. Sakai Yusuke white-2 270mm - this one is white 2 monosteel, and Sakai Yusuke is highly regarded for volume production knives; see for yourself why Sakai Yusuke so often appears on the list when people ask for recommendations for gyutos that aren't too pricey. Used a few times but in excellent condition. Asking $260

5. Masakage Koishi AS 240mm kurouchi - the Masakage Koishi line appeared on the scene relatively recently, and walks into the Aogami Super arena with confidence. Absolutely different in feel once again from the previous knives, and also from the Takedas that follow below. Excellent for experiencing the difference between the long-time king of AS with the Takeda knives, and what a relatively new entrant to the ring can do. Used only a handful of times, in excellent condition. Asking $300

6. Takeda AS (Classic) 270mm kiritsuke-gyuto w saya - this one was a custom-build and comes with a varnished maplewood saya. This one was made quite a number of years ago, so it is in every way a classic Takeda. Thin geometry, light in the hand, if you close your eyes you won't know that you're holding a 270. Asking $450

7. Watanabe Pro blue-2 240mm - Watanabe knives are known for excellent heat treat on the blue-2 hagane, and with a slightly different overall profile, this is an interesting and excellent comparison against the other gyutos - and particularly the other blue-2 gyutos. This knife absolutely amazed me when I put it on the stones - I have yet to sharpen any other knife that put such a smile on my face. Asking $275

8. Shigefusa 300mm kasumi w/ Western handle - you can't go very far in the knife world without hearing about Shigefusa. This is a Shigefusa in larger 300mm size, which means you get to try out two things at the same time: a 300mm gyuto, and the much-talked-about Shigefusa geometry and quality! The grip panels are black linen micarta and the blade is in excellent condition. I never got to use this one, but it looks like it is pretty close-to-new condition even before it got to me. Asking $480

9. Ichimonji Kichikuni blue-2 240mm kurouchi - made by certified traditional craftsmen in Sakai, this knife is a typical well-made but no-frills gyuto from the Sakai region. Looks very similar to the Gesshin Hide 240mm gyuto in the other double-bevel bundle, but feels very different in the hand and on the stones. I actually prefer this one in the hand, so looks and initial pricetag don't tell you everything! Asking $175

---

A Few Details

Prices include shipping within North America. Payment by Interac EMT if you're in Canada, by Paypal otherwise. Packages will be shipped with tracking, but insurance is extra if you want it.

$10 off each knife after the first one - shipping costs less when things are grouped together, so of course you should benefit from that! (Well, with the exception of the little mikihasa ko-deba/ajikiri... that one's only selling with another knife because it's such a low-dollar item to begin with)

Yoshikane SKD 150 deba and 195 usuba SOLD

Last edited:
Ill be sending you an email Tmr. Research to do. For canadian guys are those canadian prices.

Densho, Mikihisa, Ichimonji Kichikuni and Sugimoto SPF

Last edited:
For fellow Canadians, sorry the prices are in USD.

I may interested in purchasing a chuka. Can you post photos please?

Thanks!

Densho kiritsuke, Mikihisa deba, Ichimonji Kichikuni gyuto, Sugimoto chuka, Shigefusa gyuto, and Asai nakiri SOLD

You know what the shipping to Stockholm, Sweden/Oslo, norway would be?

To Sweden or Norway, it'll run between $40 to $60 to ship by surface parcel delivery via the postal services. UPS is way, way more than that.

Zakuri nakiri SOLD

And here are photos as requested for: Takeda 270 kiri-gyuto choil, all the remaining nakiri, and 2 of the remaining chuka. I need to check a second location to get the Takeda chuka for a photo.

knife-Takeda-choil.JPG

knife-chuka.JPG

Oops. Okay, I forgot to upload the nakiri photo this morning. Gotta wait til later this evening to get it up properly!

Also, I'm withdrawing the 240 Watanabe gyuto. It picked up some rust while in storage, so it's not in "sale condition" at the moment.

Sakai Takayuki Doi usuba SOLD

Last edited:
Watanabe nakiri w Stefan Keller handle SPF

In your photo, which are the bottom kiritsuke, and the third from the bottom...?

Thanks.

The very bottom one is the Suisin Densho, which is now already sold. The third from the bottom is the Fu-rin-ka-zan, which I have elected to keep since I originally took that photo for the big bundle.

Back