• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(Lefty) Sakai Ichimonji Kichikuni Deba 180

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDispossessed

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
So long story short, I got an email from Maksim this morning. After which I was compelled to go to the Mag-Blok and pull down my least used knife to sell. So here it is for your consideration:

Sakai Ichimoji Kichikuni (Dentou-Kougeishi Certified) Left Handed Wa-Deba 180mm
White #2 w/Iron Cladding
Oval Ho Wood Handle w/Black Buffalo Horn

Specs:
Weight: 383g
Handle to tip: 205mm
Heel to tip: 186mm
Height at heel: 56mm
Spine at heel: 8.5mm

This knife was purchased about two years ago from Blueway for about $215. It has been used a handful of times to break down less than a dozen fish. The handle has been treated with a beeswax/tsubaki oil mix and the blade has been cleaned of patina with 2000grit paper. Very decent single bevel for the price, especially for a lefty. This knife has been sharpened on a gesshin 4k twice, with uraoshi and microbevel applied on a Kitayama. There are a few microchips, nothing large enough to get a clean shot of in a photo. I hesitate to waste the steel to remove them as they really will have little if any functional effect on the knife and will easily come out with one sharpening session.

Asking $185 shipped CONUS

IMG_4611.jpgIMG_4612.jpgIMG_4606.jpgIMG_4613.jpg

Looks well-kept, and nice finish with the sandpaper. Good luck with the sale

Ok, to really sweeten the deal, i'm gonna throw in a custom brown paper bag saya, truly one of a kind!

IMG_4706.jpg

Ok! Time to slash prices like Wal-Mart,
Last price drop, she's gotta go!
$160 shipped CONUS,
That's gotta be the best deal on a Deba you can get for a lefty!
(I'm starting to get embarrassed being the only person posting in my own thread here :)

If I broke down fish, and had spare cash, i'd take it to dress it up, in a heartbeat.

It certainly is a great deal; problem, I think, is that there are too few of us lefties around, thereby limiting the universe of potential purchasers, and since it's a deba -- what at least I would regard as a specialized knife (in contrast to, say, a gyuto) -- the potential demand becomes even more rarefied.

GLWS. Like Lefty, I only wish I broke down fish often enough to justify this bargain.

Just give it more time - it looks like a great knife in a good condition for a good price. It will surely find a nice new home.

Back