Hello from London, England

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian

Reaction score
Hello, I have read this forum for ages, and previously registered but can't make the system work to recover my password!

I've been interested in Japanese knives for over ten years and most of my collection has been bought on visits there. I also studied (briefly) knife making in Japan and made several knives under tutelage. I was also taught to sharpen in Japan and have probably visited pretty much every high end knife shop in the country (driving my wife to distraction - she got her own back with endless visits to gardens).

I tend to buy knives based on quality and function rather than aesthetics. Hence I do not have any fancy sayas etc. Nor do I have any US made knives such as Carter (at the moment!). This forum is a great source of knowledge and enthusiasm, which is why I have rejoined.

Adrian (which in the US is a woman I believe, but in Euros is male!)

Welcome to the forum.

I look forward to seeing your collection and hearing about your experiences.

In the US Adrian is used for both men and women. Spelling might be different though.

Jay

I shall have to learn how to post pictures!

I have been to Japan several times, as the culture fascinates me. This includes, on one trip in late 2014, a couple of weeks at artisan locations learning (in a rudimentary sense) learning how to forge and sharpen blades. My wife also made some knives, though she was just humouring me really. I will get together a post of these experiences (and over 4,000 photos) soon. Japan is an incredible place. I still feel that I am a J knife novice, despite over 10 years of a growing obsession and thousands of £ /£ / yen spent on knives and stones (and lots of ignorant mistakes).

Latest posts

Back