Originally Posted by RRLOVER
    She's not thin.

... But nicely shaped.

Stefan

Oh! Knives... right!

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Very Nice! I like it quite well.

Very very sleek looking blade. What are the differences in blade shape between the Suji and a Gyuto?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbybrocks View Post
    ...What are the differences in blade shape between the Suji and a Gyuto?
    Height and profile (and often lengh). Both knives are used for different purposes, though some gyuto can double as slicers as well.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Height and profile (and often lengh). Both knives are used for different purposes, though some gyuto can double as slicers as well.

M
    And some people like to use their suji's as primary all around prep knives in place of a traditional chefs knife.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Ah I get you, cheers. The Suji is narrower and has a more symetrical tip. They look nice. I wanna make one.

very cool progress! quick off topic question... See how there is a notch in the tang so that it is thinner where the metal will go into the handle? I am trying to rehandle a masamoto gyuto and it doesn't thin at all like that which makes it a little too thick and tall to get into the handle I made. Any bigger and the handle would have been too thick for me. How can I thin down the tang like that in your pics?
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousCowboy View Post
    very cool progress! quick off topic question... See how there is a notch in the tang so that it is thinner where the metal will go into the handle? I am trying to rehandle a masamoto gyuto and it doesn't thin at all like that which makes it a little too thick and tall to get into the handle I made. Any bigger and the handle would have been too thick for me. How can I thin down the tang like that in your pics?
    You need to discover the joys of hardened files guides.

The tang on your Masamoto is not hardened, so you can do it with files, but it will not be very fast.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I would think that something that thin would draw file rather easily and quickly. The problem might be figuring out a way to hold the blade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    The tang on your Masamoto is not hardened, so you can do it with files, but it will not be very fast.