NNew Line of Knives In Works

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Just the heads up.

In parallel to my custom orders, I am going to do a new line of knives geared toward entry level home user/professional. These will be convex ground (S grind will only be available in custom orders), will D and Western handles, made fully in-house, with in-house heat treatment, grind and handle work. I will do all the work. The only difference between my custom knives and this like of knives will be the geometry.

I will use the customer feedback I received over the years to select steels, types of knives, sizes, and handle materials.

I will start on this project in about two weeks.

Thanks

Marko

Just in case your starting a waiting list, I would like to be on it for a western please :D

Very exciting, can't wait! If you do have a wait list, sign me up too.

Sounds cool. How thick will these be? Argh...I want to get an S-grind knife (or two) first...then I can decide maybe.

I'm also interested in being on a list, should there be one. Thanks Marko.

I will make them in batches of 4-8. They will probably come with poplar sayas.

These will be available through my web site. I will sent a notification a night before to the email about the upcoming listing.

I think I will have the first 4 by the end of the month, not sure war or western yet.

Thanks,

Marko

Sounds too good to be true. Won't believe it until I could get one of them in my hands :)

Nice to hear that Marko. There are too many people who want to try yours knives, but the waiting list takes forever and they don't appear often on B/S/T

excellent! how do we get on this email list to be alerted about the upcoming sale?

There is no subscription and there are no special requests. These will be ready-made, no frills knives, reasonably priced. Made to my standards (grind, finish, heat treatment) but with simpler geometry and less expensive handle/saya materials.

I plan on making gyutos, nakiri, honesuki, sujis, Western boning knives, paring and other knives. Basically all knives I find useful and interesting to make.

Am I the only one having trouble signing up for the emails?

I will post a link in a couple of weeks. This project is just in planning stage, I won't start working on it till the end of the month, or after I tie all my loose ends.

Thank you for your interest.

Excellent... I can smell another shark feeding frenzy.

Marko: will you be doing any larger gyutos in A2? I may be prepared to kill for one if it's necessary .

Hi folks,
just want to clarify that these ready-made knives going to be secondary to my custom orders in terms of priority. The reason I want to do them (and always wanted to do an entry=level line) is to give folks an opportunity to own a reasonably priced knife made by me and not to wait till the next opening of my order list. So this is one of the ways to get my knives out, particularly for the pro users.

I will make these from steels I have worked with for some time now and have carefully gathered feedback from the pro and home users alike. I feel confident about the HT, geometries, profiles. I look forward for your feedback.

Thanks,

Marko

This is so exciting! My five year plan of outfitting my kitchen with a set of your works of functional art just might be realized!

The reason I want to do them (and always wanted to do an entry=level line) is to give folks an opportunity to own a reasonably priced knife made by me and not to wait till the next opening of my order list. So this is one of the ways to get my knives out, particularly for the pro users.

I just want to say that, as a professional cook, I really appreciate you doing this.

Our money is often, if not always, tight, so something like this is extremely useful, & I don't think any professional cook would take this for granted.

You make some of the most attractive, and also functional looking knives on the market. And by that, I mean something I would not hesitate to bring into work. That's not always the case with high-end, (American,) custom makers.

So a big thank you Marko!!

I just want to say that, as a professional cook, I really appreciate you doing this.

Our money is often, if not always, tight, so something like this is extremely useful, & I don't think any professional cook would take this for granted.

You make some of the most attractive, and also functional looking knives on the market. And by that, I mean something I would not hesitate to bring into work. That's not always the case with high-end, (American,) custom makers.

So a big thank you Marko!!

Thank you!

This is a prototype 175mm chef with a Western handle. I think for now I will make the first and possibly second batch exclusively with Western handles. I haven't decided as to what to make, but 180-225mm gyutos are considered, as well as 250-275mm sujis.

I am thinking of making leather sayas for this knives as a part of the package. Will make one for this knife and decide later.

I haven't decided on the price for these yet, need to make another knife or two, but prices will be competitive.

Steel for now is AEB-L with A2 and 52100 added later.

Thanks,

Marko

IMG_20150219_130208148.jpg

the first and possibly second batch exclusively with Western handles. I haven't decided as to what to make, but 180-225mm gyutos are considered, as well as 250-275mm sujis.

By chance will you be offering any of this new line sans-handle?

Thanks!
Mowgs

Looks great, if you ever want to dispense with the prototype....
Anyways, quick question, being that the grind will be 'simpler', how lefty friendly (symmetric) will these be?
Thanks!
This is a prototype 175mm chef with a Western handle. I think for now I will make the first and possibly second batch exclusively with Western handles. I haven't decided as to what to make, but 180-225mm gyutos are considered, as well as 250-275mm sujis.

I am thinking of making leather sayas for this knives as a part of the package. Will make one for this knife and decide later.

I haven't decided on the price for these yet, need to make another knife or two, but prices will be competitive.

Steel for now is AEB-L with A2 and 52100 added later.

Thanks,

Marko

View attachment 26436

Looks great, if you ever want to dispense with the prototype....
Anyways, quick question, being that the grind will be 'simpler', how lefty friendly (symmetric) will these be?
Thanks!

I will make Wa handled knives down the road, just these two first batches will be Westerns. Later I will mix these two types.

Simple grinds imply convex grind. All knives will be ground symmetrically, for left or right hand use. I grind all of my knives thin at the edge.

All will feature hand-rubbed finish.

Complex grinds - S grind, and asymmetric I will only offer on my custom knives.

Marko

put me down for the wa camp. I have passed on several beautiful knives lately because I am going to stay all way, and of course they were all western.

Latest posts

Back