• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ichimonji montanren 210mm deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bishamon

Reaction score
Here is a Sakai Ichimonji hongasumi deba in Blue2 steel. It's from the montanren line (their highest under honyaki) here http://www.ichimonji.co.jp/shopping/goods_detail.php?id=8 and has a saya and polished spine. Yew handle. Blade is 210mm and weighs 453g on my scale, with a 9mm spine at the handle.
It's listed as the 225mm deba, because it has a machi :eek:hmy: so the cutting edge is actually 210mm. The machi can't be seen because it is flush with the handle, but even with it it's still thicker there than some debas - it's a massive neck.
I've used it, but it is sharp now and wards off patina and rust quite well. Almost more than any other carbon knife I've used.

Big discount on this one since I got it 3 years ago.

$325 shipped CONUS.

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

IMG_3405.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

Awesome knife! I have its brother in white steel.

Ya, I also have another Ichimonji deba in white steel, a 240mm. It's a good size IMO. When I was in Osaka this year, I saw their outlet and they had all sizes of deba in all their lineups out. It was sweet.

Yeah and you probably said, "Just give me the biggest one you have" :D
Actually the biggest one in that case wasn't big enough...that's when I went to the other one and got that 430 maguro mioroshi...

Made my point. LOL :D

Good luck with your sale - the knife looks great, especially for the price.

Latest posts

Back