Quantcast
Android Steel Chart 2.1 published - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Android Steel Chart 2.1 published

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    lol I think the 4 star one said they wanted heat treat methods on there for a star. Great app. it is deserving of 5 stars.
    Chewie's the man.

Thanks. Yeah, one of the 4 stars was that I'd add HT info, but I'll need some help from makers and so far nobody stepped out. Even though, HT can be troublesome for me and can lead to arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Even though, HT can be troublesome for me and can lead to arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    Even though, HT will be troublesome for me and will lead to severe arguments and fights.
    fixed that

lol
    Chewie's the man.

Gator, I just spent half the afternoon and part of the evening on that great site, Thank you for setting it up.

Added to my favorites.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Rottman, your fix is right on, but let's hope for the best
    HHH thanks, it's very nice getting acknowledgement for that work from knifemakers.

If you're serious about heat treatment information it would be better to collect data sheets rather than specific heat treatments from knife makers. If you did add heat treatments from knifemakers there need not be a definitive heat treatment. They can simply be compiled without commentary.

What would be the point. Chemistry defines a steel. Heat treat is a secondary operation. It's not like aluminum where A356-T6 has a specific meaning. And even then, chemistry defines what A356 is.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Larrin View Post
    If you're serious about heat treatment information it would be better to collect data sheets rather than specific heat treatments from knife makers. If you did add heat treatments from knifemakers there need not be a definitive heat treatment. They can simply be compiled without commentary.
    I am serious about adding HT, I wanna do it, but not 100% decided though. That's what I wanted to talk to you about in this post in iphone app thread.
    The thing is, I don't really understand HT info as it is listed in various sources, and where to get that info either. Some steel makers list it, others do not, HT books I've seen also have info in varying formats and so on...
    There are also issues with alloy groups, e.g. is D2 HT info applicable for its German or Chinese counterpart?

Another problem is, I am not sure yet how many people actually want it, I did get quite a few requests, but judging from knife steel iphone app experience that's not really an indicator of an interest.
    Considering that some people get cranky with my absolutely free/ad free apps for whatever reason, I suppose HT info will just add to that. So, yeah I have a few things to think about

I would think it would be very cool. But I have yet to do any kind of forging/ heat treating ect. So for me it would be more info than what I have now.
    Chewie's the man.

+ Reply to Thread