Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Whats your most expensive hobby?

Yeah, with them sitting on my head right now, they really are pieces of crap, I do certainly agree.

Don't drink out of ornamental ponds in Tiergarten. You will get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by DamageInc View Post
    Well some cheap headphones make the sound seem very compact with close to no separation between instruments. Others make the music very spacious. The old and new Denon headphones have wooden cups, as do some Audeze models. I don't think it affects the sound much at all, but it sure looks nice.

Regarding the sound quality, it's going to be a definite upgrade from my LCD-2, which are going on sale.

Fostex makes some really beautiful cups with urushi lacquer and platinum foil logo finish.
    I bought a pair of Meze Classics 99 which are wood cups and gorgeous. A lot of sound for the money as well.

Other than that I spend way too much on wine. A lot of Champagne, Loire, Rhone and Cali. Ethnographic art, mostly South Pacific war clubs and African masks. Watches but there I'm only looking for 2-3 more and the collection is done, it's just the last ones are the most expensive and I don't really want to sell any of the others...

Rehabbing vintage collectible sewing machines. Currently @15. Most were relatively filthy and frozen w old, dried out grease and missing parts or attachments when I got them. Each one is now complete and sewing beautifully. They all have at least a full set of the original attachments or an aftermarket one or two when the originals were impossible to find. Often, original attachments came close to or exceeded the cost of the non-functional machine w no attachments. I'm very pleased because I learned to repair or rebuild by scouring the forums and collecting and reading old service manuals /repair books. This was necessitated by sloppy repairs by repair shops or they said the machines were worthless while they had crack dream prices on the ones they had in their windows. Gives me hope I can learn to sharpen knives.

eating out and cocktails are the worst of it. i refuse to feel bad about it, but im trying to get better about cooking at home, and drinking fewer cocktails, but there is so much still to taste!

Don't really have an expensive hobby per se, but I have a few that add up to be cumulatively expensive if I don't keep a check on them. That mostly means I buy a lot of music and DVDs/Blu-Rays/Kitchen stuff. I'm constantly asking myself: "Do I REALLY need this?" Probably not. But then I buy it anyway