Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Whats your most expensive hobby?

Decided to try a handbuilt preamp from Don Sachs. To me, it's similar to buying a knife from custom knifemaker instead of a mass-market knife. There is about an 8 week build time, so it's actually faster then a lot of knifemakers :-) I wish I could have it by the ECG, but looks like it won't likely arrive until a month later. i am definitely looking forward to hearing music from a decent system again, as it has been quite a while.

Nice Job Dave. Porsche next?
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

That's taking an, er, backseat again. I need a new set of track wheels and tires (due to theft out of my carport), new harnesses and a new helmet in addition to just getting it back together. I was planning on being ready by the end of July, but now we have family plans for the track weekend in August. So I really do not need it to be ready before the end of October.

Luca is just getting to the point now where he can occupy himself, so that will help later in the summer when I need to be out working on the car. The wife takes/ teaches classes on both Saturday and Sunday, so I have to be watching Luca while I am working.

Nah he wants a s2k 😀

I spend wayyy too much money on RC stuff ... both cars and planes. Last year, when I discovered the wealth of great used RC stuff to be had on the German version of craigslist I spent over 2000€ on planes and cars and the various stuff required to keep them running. It's quite incredible how much money one can sink into this hobby. But I live a very frugal life otherwise - no expensive holidays, no eating out, no nice clothes, no drinking, I drive a base version 2009 Fiat Panda, so I have enough left over to afford the hobby. Only problem is the space in my basement is running out.

just picked up a Triumph Adventure/touring bike. things are gonna go crazy now.