Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Whats your most expensive hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by mille162 View Post
    I split my time between miami (winter) and Philly (Summer, family holidays) lol. No trails in southern Florida worth riding so the bike stays in PA
    Still sounds like you ride a ton Mille. I miss riding 3-4 times a day. Mainly taking care of my small kids these days, and not riding much. Carbon frames are solid. I have a 2103 Uprising. The stiffest frame I’ve ever owned.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mille162 View Post
    No trails in southern Florida worth riding so the bike stays in PA
    You need some mud tires and a snorkel - the Glades await

Older and wider..

Chasing women will always be my most expensive hobby.

I feel like I stated this already hahaha
    "Into a country where the jails are full, and the mad houses closed." - Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    ...and at that starting price, rather just get a motorcycle lol
    +1 KTM

Mine.

Like the osc drum .. nice. Lol.. get more clamps.. spend money 🤑🤑
    One thing I highly recommend is a Thien filter for your dust collection system, it’s the best thing I ever did for my shop. The sad thing is I was aware of them many years ago but only made some just two years ago, now my shop vacs sit off in corners and are piped for the miter saw hood and a drop for tablesaw rips while the delta with 4” takes care of the bulk stuff. The design is patented but the patent holder won’t let them go commercial so you have to roll your own which is kinda fun and very satisfying once complete.. I guarantee it

I have a lot more clamps then are in the pic and machines that are also not in the pics. My Jet DC has the built in Thien style plate and has handled everything well until I added the drum sander. The drum sander is fantastic but it produces so much super fine dust that it tends to overwhelm the Jet and too much fine dust is going into the upper filter. I am in the process of changing the DC over to a two stage system with an Oneida Super Dust Deputy setup.