Massamoto KS Refurbishing Service - Thinning, Refinishing, Custom Handle and/or Saya Work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Send me and email if you are interested.

IMG_20150214_090029374.jpg

IMG_20150214_090014971.jpg

IMG_20150214_090046719.jpg

Marko did this project for me maybe three or four years ago and I should say that if you are a ks owner you should really consider this. A good cutter will become your best. The only knife I have that compares is a 180mm kitaeji that for an atypical reason is very thin behind the edge. The ks is (240) is very nicely thinned and has a satin polish, thin behind the edge...and a Marko handle is always a pleasure.

Great work Marko! Is there a reason you are limiting to just Masamoto KS?

Any knife, including mirror polish honyaki. In fact, most of the mirror polished honyakis that came through my hands (Mizuno, Masamoto) had coarser finish than my practice blades.

Basically, any knife you can think of (Western blades for now).

Marko

Any knife, including mirror polish honyaki. In fact, most of the mirror polished honyakis that came through my hands (Mizuno, Masamoto) had coarser finish than my practice blades.
Marko

Hmm, maybe you still have my Masamoto honyaki for a reason... Mirror polish you say

Hmm, maybe you still have my Masamoto honyaki for a reason... Mirror polish you say

You know, I was looking at it the other day.. and thinking.. if I put a scratch while rehandling, I might need to do a little touch up.

Back