• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mike Davis Suji, Figured Koa Handle material

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachowder

Reaction score
Hi All...Was cleaning out my closet and found two things I havent used and wanted to offer them here.

First, a Mike Davis Suji which he made for me in trade for a straight razor. The Blade is 9-1/4" and the handle is another 5-1/4". The blade, if i remember correctly, is AEB-L and the handle is Ziricote and blackwood. No makers mark and as you can see in the pics, its the first time i even took it out of the plastic wrap it was delivered in (what is wrong with me?). $400 shipped to the US

Second is a block of figured Koa from Burl Source. I just never got into the handle making fun. 6-1/2" long x 2-3/8" to 1-5/8" (tapers at the 3-3/8" mark). $45 shipped to the US

Cant post pics so photos on link below:

http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=13903183028/a=3817761028_3817761028/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

I would like to see the pictures BUT I dont have a snapfish account. I want dibs on the Davis pending photo review.. If its not already spoken for.

Hi Randy. I emailed you. I believe Mike said you actually did the heat treatment on it...this is going back maybe 2 years

I think I did the HT on this one. Hard to tell from these photos what the handle is or if its made with 1 or 2 different materials? EDIT. Just read original post)

Also looks like his Petty, rather then his suji? What is the blade length?

I uploaded the images you sent and will share them here. for everyone else. Just in case you and I dont make a deal.

Randy

Davis suji.jpg

Davis suji. 1JPG.jpg

Davis suji 2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Randy. The BLADE length is 235mm (9.25" on the blade). The handle is ziricote and blackwood (good eye it is 2 different woods). I found our old messages (mike and i) and the last one I had was the blade was profiled and being sent to Randy so it did indeed cross your path at some point early in its life :)

WOW, The pictures are deceiving. It looks more like a petty. That handle must be pretty nice sized.

Im gona pass on this one. But whoever does get it. is going to be a happy!! Davis makes a mean knife!

Thanks

Koa sold!

One drop on knife price then I will just put it in the rotation...$350 to the CONUS

No love for a New a Davis suji? And an obligatory emoticon I haven't seen used yet.
:spankarse:

i am the furthest from a knife expert believe me but this one is a double bevel in which case i dont think it matters what your dominant hand is. I think some favor a dominant hand however, but not this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back