Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Orders for 52100

I like the Burl Source collaboration. Mark has some great stuff. That redwood burl you put on my Shige was from him (I can't remember if I ever told ya that, maybe I did, haha).
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

You didn't, but I had no complains about working that block, so I suspected it was stabilized by K&G. Now I know for sure.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Yeah, I knew it was K&G or WSSI. I think I have seen some of his pieces are done by WSSI. Maybe not, he can chime in and correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    I like the Burl Source collaboration. Mark has some great stuff. That redwood burl you put on my Shige was from him (I can't remember if I ever told ya that, maybe I did, haha).
    Agree.
    I have one from Mark - my Carter
    I have one more from Mark when I can find a blade.
    And of course lots on my way from Marko with Mark wood. Really looking forward to the handle and mathing saya on our secret project

not much of a secret anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias504 View Post
    not much of a secret anymore
    Still a secret. Only I, Oivind and Devin know what that is. and nobody is saying a word.

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Well, throwing Devin's name in there doesn't help your cause very much...

but nobody is saying what it is... It's obviously a knife, but what steel, what construction, etc. is a secret until it is finished.

It is clearly Oivind's soba-kiri he's been asking for. In Devin damascus and koa saya and handle, natch.

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    It is clearly Oivind's soba-kiri he's been asking for. In Devin damascus and koa saya and handle, natch.
    Haha, I would pay $20 just to see a picture of that knife