Board Feet Assembly Help

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kumar

Reaction score
Now, I am not a DUI person at all. I got my new Walnut board which looks gorgeous but am confused about the putting the feet on the board.

Do I take the rubber out of the feet, put the screw with the feet into the board and then push the rubber back in? I assume the rubber part of the feet should stay on the ground.

Maybe if someone can post a picture of how their feet look on the board all assembled out it would help.

Also, just wanted to say Dave shipped the board to India and it has arrived in mint condition, fairly quickly. Great service.

The screw should be inserted into the rubber foot and both placed into the recess in the wooden collar before attaching to the board. You may want to use a bit of wax on the screw threads to lubricate it and make things easier. It takes a bit of force to get the screw all the way into the rubber foot.

Here's a pic of mine:

Rick

Ah, the rubber feet don't have holes which is what confused me. Guess I need to make holes in them.

Thanks

At one time I sent the boards out with the feet attached but UPS kept knocking them off. So I started to send the feet unattached which helped that problem. Last year when I switched to an American manufacturer of the rubber tips, I found they didn't provide holes in the centers. So I solved one problem and created a new one.

To attach the feet, pierce the center with an awl or an ice pick, turn the screw into the rubber insert, through the wooden holder and into the board. Turn just enough to hold the assembly in place. Do not over tighten or the screw will strip out the pilot hole and make the foot loose.

If the screw strips out the pilot hole, remove the screw, break a toothpick into small pieces and force two to three pieces into the hole with a little white glue. You can tap the pieces in place the a small hammer. Allow to set up for 30 minutes or so then reinsert the screw. Do not over tighten.

Any suggestions where to get replacement rubber feet? I cracked one of mine and it might be good if I could replace it.

LOL, yes, if I didn't care whether they fitted or not. :laugh:

I think the rubber "tips" (as David describes them above) are about 3/4" in diameter.

Back