fork

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinacats

Reaction score
Greetings Pierre,

I've tried numerous times by pm to reach you only to be led on in one way or another so I am finally posting here to repectfully ask to have my deposit ($75 usd) returned. While I realize this is not a lot of money, I would like to put it toward something that I can physically see.

I paid you a deposit of $75 on May 27, 2012 in regards to having a carving fork made. I had hoped to at least have it by the holidays (2012) which you seemed to regard as not being a problem. I have contacted you every six months in this regard and each time it seems like you are ready to knock it out.

I understand computer problems because we all have them, but the biggest problem I have is that roughly two years ago you posted a thread about having some free time in the shop--you came up with a beautiful razor. My interpretation is that you do not have free time when you owe people work. I'm not sure about your other orders or how many you have completed on time, I really am just fed up with being shown no respect and not having any kind of follow-through communication on your part.

This is from September of 2012
PierreRodrigue said:
chinacats said:
Pierre,

Hope you are doing well! I ordered a fork some time back and just wanted to check on the status--I know you are extremely busy so not trying to rush you, but just wanted to get a rough estimate of time. I neglected to ask when placing the order for roughly how long it would take, so my apologies. Order number is 2012-014.

Thanks,
JimT
Hey Jim, with any luck, I will get some done this week. Thanks for your patience, I do appreciate it.

Here is the most recent conversation which covered Oct-Dec last year.

chinacats said:
PierreRodrigue said:
chinacats said:
PierreRodrigue said:
Hey sorry, having trouble remembering your real name. I apologize. I have had some computer issues, and am missing several email strings. Would you be able to send me our emails/PM's and I will try to get this finished. Again, I apologize.

Pierre

Pierre,

My order is under Jim xxx, and the email chain would've been from chinacats@xxx but it was over two years ago, so you may not have it. If you need it though, I can dig it up from my end.

Unfortunately, I'm also having computer problems, but I originally ordered this in May of 2012. I am not too particular on the wood, but would like a north American burl of some sort. I believe I last contacted you in October of this year, but again I'm having the same computer problems.

Thanks,
Jim T
Perfect. I will get to it.

Thanks Pierre!

Finally I tried posting in a thread in your subforum re: a custom carving set...your response was that you again blamed computer problems but that you were on it...which led to the second quote above. After this last one I have not heard back again and this is why I am finally posting a new thread in your sub-forum

Respectfully,
chinacats

I should've included this in my original post, this is from my October 5, 2014 private message. I can dig up more of the earlier pm's if you need them.

chinacats said:
Pierre,

On May 27th, 2012 I paid you a $75.00 deposit on a fork. I have bugged you a few times since then and you blew me off. It has just been too long. Can you either send me a fork or my money back?

Thanks,
A very frustrated,
Jim

It was after this that I posted in this thread that led to the second quote in my above first post. Again, at this point I am beyond wanting a fork and would just like to receive my initial deposit back into my account. Thank you.

"...you do not have free time when you owe people work." I like that!

If it helps I can continue to add more pm's as I come across them (i'll keep digging in my archives)...this is your reply to my frustration in October 2014...it may soon become apparent what I meant when I said you kept blowing me off...

so far we have:
"Hey Jim, with any luck, I will get some done this week. Thanks for your patience, I do appreciate it." (Sept 2012)
"and I will get one finished up and out to you ASAP" (October 2014)
"Perfect. I will get to it." (Dec 2014)

This is from the conversation in October 2014 (2.5 years after my initial deposit).

PierreRodrigue said:
Hi Jim. I am sorry I'm not sure how I brushed you off, but will get you your fork. I have had issues with a computer crash and lost information. A lot of people have reached out to find out what's up. Let me know what you wanted for scales, and I will get one finished up and out to you ASAP

Again, I'm sorry.

Pierre

chinacats said:
Pierre,

On May 27th, 2012 I paid you a $75.00 deposit on a fork. I have bugged you a few times since then and you blew me off. It has just been too long. Can you either send me a fork or my money back?

Thanks,
A very frustrated,
Jim T.

I do believe I replied to the scales question at least 6 times over the years...I did this time as well...more to follow if it will help speed my request for a refund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, You've made your point, made it well and made it with some class. Hope this gets sorted quickly to your satisfaction.

Cheers.

Jim, all I can say, is I'm sorry. I have bitten off a lot, and am truly sorry. I could tell every body here a sob story, about whats going on in my life, but I really don't want a sympathy post, lets say I have had a run of bad luck and leave it at that. I am working on knives that are long overdue, and am progressing. Slowly, but I am progressing. I have not taking new orders for a while now, and wont till I catch up. I am working to re-equip my tools and major equipment in my shop. It is an expensive undertaking. I am doing the best I can, and assure everyone I have not stopped making knives, nor disregarding correspondence. I am not always online, but get there when I can.

Again, I am sorry. I really am. I am also doing all I can. The razor you speak of was my own. Un used, and sold to raise funds. I am struggling sure, but am moving ahead. Please forgive me.

PM me your paypal address

PM sent, thanks for being a gentleman about it. Sorry it came to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back