Quantcast
Did you ever throw a knife out (by accident)?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever throw a knife out (by accident)?

Did you ever throw a knife out (by accident)?

Today I went dumpster diving to find a knife that I (or my wife) might have thrown away by accident. I turns out it was just (really) misplaced, but as I got to the bottom of the last garbage bag, I didn't exactly want to see a knife that might have been marinating in old yogurt and coffee grounds for three days.

Has this happened to anyone else?

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

At work I have pulled them out of the garbage or found them at the bottom of the fry-o-later when cleaning it out. But at home? No. What kind of knife? Something small? I take it not a 360mm tuna sword.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I'm from the kitchen knife protection services. We're confiscating your knives and taking them to a group home. Mine.

It was my Miyabi paring knife. And don't discount the power of booze. No protection needed officer; my kids are safe and in bed.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Oh i thought this thread was have you ever throw a kitchen knife at someone in the kitchen .
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

Never a knife but I am missing a whole bunch of small spoons. No idea what happens to them, they just disappear. Maybe the are running away with the single socks that keep disappearing...

Stefan

I once accidently swept a 8 inch masahiro in the garbage can at a C.C I was working at.I was yelling and cursing at all the prep and utility guys tilon of them found it when emptying the trash....Embarrassing.

In the trash, no. But in the laundry, always... I always find the small paring knives in the uniform sleeve pockets of alot of chefs, especially in the hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Never a knife but I am missing a whole bunch of small spoons. No idea what happens to them, they just disappear. Maybe the are running away with the single socks that keep disappearing...

Stefan
    Good news, I've found out where all of those missing socks go

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Never a knife but I am missing a whole bunch of small spoons. No idea what happens to them, they just disappear.
    When I lived in France, I asked my landlady if any spoons had fallen off the balcony into her yard as I was missing a few of them. She said 'no', but a few days later all my spoons were magically back in my drawer. Does your landlord have a key?

k.

+ Reply to Thread