Quantcast
Did you ever throw a knife out (by accident)? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you ever throw a knife out (by accident)?

Wow... my dad once went down the apartment to the dumpster about 12 years back to search for a tiny plastic handled utility knife I was using to cut up spring chicken. I must have left it in the box when I ditched it.

I was going on about how I would just replace it for him... but he insisted and found it in short order. Said it was right there and a waste to leave it.

Never used that knife on cooked chicken again. He DID remind me occasionally for the next 10 years or so not to throw knives out into the trash.

I just remembered. It was about 18 years back... my gf from hs had gone to Switzerland after grad and brought me back a SAK with the white handle... moved into a student house during uni... used it to cut pizza and bread rolls one day and left it in the box... room mate (stoner) cleared the box and the knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    I just remembered. It was about 18 years back... my gf from hs had gone to Switzerland after grad and brought me back a SAK with the white handle... moved into a student house during uni... used it to cut pizza and bread rolls one day and left it in the box... room mate (stoner) cleared the box and the knife.
    Tough luck to live with the ONE college room mate who actually cleans things up

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Tough luck to live with the ONE college room mate who actually cleans things up

Stefan
    I later paid him back by accidentally blowing out his speakers playing Santana's Santana at Full Blast! haha

You should have just boxed his speakers up and threw them away.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

These stories are hurting me physically!

We used to put each other's knives in the trash at the sushi bar as a prank, and a way of saying "sharpen your stuff, you look like an idiot".

Once went dumpster diving for a whip attachment to a kitchen aid. We were giving away a few hundred pieces of cake on the sidewalk all topped with whipped cream. Had to go through that whole dumpster top to bottom, and never found the attachment. Had to make about 4 gallons of whipped cream by hand.

No, but I threw away the vast majority of my early attempts on purpose.

Maybe the are running away with the single socks that keep disappearing...

Along with the Can O Beans, Stick and Conch Shell.

+ Reply to Thread