Very Very Good Curly Koa - Big Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Yesterday I had a large batch of some Very Very good looking Curly Hawaiian Koa come back from getting stabilized at K&G. These blocks were cut from an old growth Koa tree that had fallen. There are some unusual color patterns and very good looking figure. Most are oversized with some large enough for a couple handles. I bought this wood at a time when I could not comfortably spend the money, but it looked so good that I couldn't pass it up. The wood was fresh cut so I spent the last few months drying it slowly in a dehumidification drying room to make sure it turned out just right. I am very happy with this batch of Koa. Prices range from about $50 to $100+. I just finished posting these and already about 1/3 of them have found new homes. Hopefully you will be able to get something from this batch that you will like.

These blocks come with a Money Back Guarantee. Priority Mail Shipping is $5 for US and $20 for International. Free Shipping Worldwide for orders over $100.

This link will take you to my web store, or just click on one of the photos.

Just so everyone knows,
You are welcome to post any questions, comments, complaints or photos.
When nobody says anything I feel like I am being ignored and nobody likes the new wood.

But.....if it doesn't sell then I get to keep it.

I have no need for wood but the pictures are tempting me to buy a block! Just beautiful.

I always worry. I've gotten a few pieces that look promising in photos, but aren't really what I'm looking for. It's nice enough that it doesn't need to be returned, but it'll end up on someone else's projects rather than mine.

Because of that, I now always hesitate on a new koa post. I know a few things about photography, but I can't seem to read what I want out of the wood in these.

Anyway...*yoink*.

XooMG,
I appreciate you finding good homes for the ones you weren't overly excited about.
While returns are a rarity, none have sat in the store more than a couple days after getting relisted.
It can be difficult making decisions based just on photos but it does make a lot of different woods available that we would probably never see in person.

Back