Quantcast
Gallery- Martell Knives - Page 26
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallery- Martell Knives

I really have to calibrate my monitor, it's bright pink on my work screen and I was wondering what to think of it...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    Nice work! The etching also came out really well on that one.
    Thanks. I've been lucky on the last 3 of the maker's marks.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    I really have to calibrate my monitor, it's bright pink on my work screen and I was wondering what to think of it...

Stefan
    I have an old CRT and it shows the true colors very well of things and this handle looks light red on my monitor but on Robin's LED monitor it's as pink as can be.

Looks red on mine clearly. It always tend to darker up after being in the kitchen for a bit. I agree and thought the same about the Makers mark. Definitely gonna market the Martell name around the kitchen for you. After thinking about it, I think I need a purple handled knife now. Blue is negative/calming. Red positive/aggressive. Purple is the color of the master. Balanced and wise. I'll put it all together down the line and we'll do a purple, or maybe pass that one on to Mr Mike Henry if I've given Dave enough headaches ... ah now for the waiting game! More pics to come Dave

Kind Regards

It's gotta go on a really special knife to be the "master" knife. Gotta do a yellow one too. The red one is the "get $^!t done" one

Open letter to my friend Dave Martell

Dave I got off work and am trying to contain myself from cutting everything in the house. Luckily I left my large board at work so it makes it a little easier. I have to admit I really wanted you to find some natural wood for the handle material, but stick with my thought of let the maker do what's in his heart and mind and it'll come out perfect. I think you picked out a fantastic combo and being as it will be used in a pro kitchen as you mentioned it is gong to work out fantastic. The choil is perfect and I don't know if you decided on changing your original spec or not, but I think it becomes a bit more versatile with the choil like this. The balance is spot on and everything I had slight concerns about before I got the knife are gone and I knew they would be. It is the perfect blend between east and west, laser and workhorse, slicer and chopper. I thought it might be too much with the width or the blade a bit too heafty after reading some comments... But this knife is light, agile and just well designed. Edge is great and thank you for the soft case. The handle is perfect balance with just enough weight on it, very light. I haven't even used it yet and I already know it's gonna be used for a long time to come my friend. The only problem I might have is I seem to do less cooking and more directing these days, might have to give the entire prep crew off at the new store tomorrow. Did I mention the handle is RED? Definitely even more so in person. Another one of a kind handles from you. I will be sure to place some pictures and hopefully videos up on my FB page and wherever I'ma post my stuff. Thank you again my friend for your focus and persistentance. Keep yourself positive and let go of any negativity of ANY kind you may hold in your mind, for surely if you do so, the sky is the limit my friend. You need not compare yourself to anyone else, your style is unique.

Kindest Regards

Bryan Gallagher

right out the soft case on my board at work before even wiping the wax off it

see

back home after day of work, she is "all natural" ... she was busy with all different kinds and types

building a patina quick

Thank you Dave, gotta adjust to the length still a bit, but it's super versatile. I see a shorter version down the road to match. This thing is like a gyuto/suji/yangi. The weight is spot on for me. If it was heavier there is no way I could go long periods using it. Anyways I look forward to a full review with better photos and input. You did a great job and I thank you.

Kind Regards

Bryan

To prove she cuts, here's a dish I did today with her. She cuts butter ... i mean tuna ... like butter