Quantcast
Gallery- Martell Knives - Page 9
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gallery- Martell Knives

Looks great Dave, the wait was worth it. Now to get this thing in my hand and put to use.

As far as the makers mark, I have a Kono petty that had the same problem some of the mark wasn't blacked in. Is it just a tradeoff of the marking process? Would applying some type of lacquer/sealant over the mark resolve the issue with the wash away

I'm glad that you like it so far Dan. It'll be shipping off tomorrow morning and should get to you pretty quick, probably the next day I would think.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is with the mark. Butch helped me get passed one tricky problem last week and I thought that was the end of it yet here I am again.

Please let me know what you think of it in use, I love to get the feedback. Thanks again for being so patient!

Dave

Here's Aaron's 240mm gyuto in O-1 with ringed gidgee (supplied by Burl Source) & a black ash burl bolster (supplied by Stefan). It's got a tapered tang, stainless pins, and black G-10 liners.

Hope it suits you Aaron!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010015.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	1816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010002.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1817  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010019.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010009.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	1819  

Name:	P1010012.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	1820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010010.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1821  

Name:	P1010020.jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1822  

Wow, very nice. I like the contrast between the Ash and the Gidgee, great call. I bet she looks even better in person. Can't wait! Thanks for the teaser pics

Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    Wow, very nice. I like the contrast between the Ash and the Gidgee, great call. I bet she looks even better in person. Can't wait! Thanks for the teaser pics
    My pictures aren't so great so it has to look better in person, that's a given. I'm glad that you like it so far though.

I think that's the nicest looking knife you've done so far. Can't wait until number 100.

Beautiful Dave.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Stellar work! How was is to work with the ringed gidgee?

Thanks guys

The ringed gidgee worked nicely. This one showed 3 little holes that needed filling but this isn't uncommon for any wood really. One thing that surprised me is how it got lighter when I buffed it which is opposite of every other wood that I've seen. I was happy for this though because it looked real dark brown until it was buffed and then turned sort of reddish-brown which I think looks better. The wood has mucho character going on too, just can't capture this effect in pictures though.

Really elegant.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig