Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Closing Down the Store

Closing Down the Store

So the day has finally come that I'm forced to close down my online store. Our sales have gone from what was once 6-figures......down......down.......down.....to so low that we're not even covering the current monthly site fees. At this point we're going to cut our losses and drop out of the stone sales game for good.

What's going to happen moving forward? I'll just keep plugging away at knife making, handle work, sharpening, repairs, and all that stuff and hope/pray that this continues on. I'll do my best to bring in some items, (like boardwax/felt/diamond spray/etc) once in awhile for sale here on the forums but I can't promise anything, things are very tight here.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our thousands of customers that have supported us over the years, without all of you we couldn't have made it this far and I won't forget! I also want to thank our parents for the help that they've given us, especially in the last 1.5 yrs, we'd have been hosed good without their generosity.

So that's it for now. Time to make a change.....

Dave

Dang! More bad news on the forum. Sorry to hear this, Dave. Hopefully a few doors will open once this one has closed.

Sorry to hear this Dave.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

Sorry to hear this, Dave. Hope the extra time will come in useful somewhere else. Just working on an application for Lancaster - if they hire me, I'll help you out Not likely, though, very long shot...

Stefan

Hey Dave, sorry to hear this. I hope there will be some occasional special-order opportunities--I've enjoyed being able to get some of your stuff . . . I think you have a good sense of the stuff we knife knuts like

Man oh man this sucks...but I do understand.

I can't properly convey how much I wish you and your family the best of luck during this transition. You were one of the major reasons I chose to get into knives, and that I won't forget.

Now I am going to finish this beer just for you

karring
    Danny 'Zwiefel' Owen - 1971-2016 Moderator and Knife Knut for Eternity. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    -if they hire me, I'll help you out
    Stefan
    Woooo...a Dave & Stefan collaboration?

Thanks for providing us with great products and services over the years, Dave. Now you can concentrate fully on knife making.
    “Though I could not caution all, I still might warn a few; Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools.” Robert Hunter

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it means a lot to me.

Stefan, you better get that job!

Power to you Dave - I also hope you will turn this into more knives and handles - best wishes for the future!

I've waited to say something...b/c I just can't find the words. sorry that this choice seems to have come unbidden....I hope the other members are right and this just allows you to focus on Kick-@$$ knives!
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.