Home made bread - Show your crust

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger

Reaction score
fLxuZE.jpg

I am very happy with this dough. Kneaded by hands, then worked with stretch and folds. 3 days of rest in the fridge, very little yeast. View in full size

Looks good! I have some francaise proofing in the fridge ill try to get some pictures when I bake it.

Bread2.jpg

That's an awesome looking crumb roger!
I bake a lot, gotta find more bread pics here's a start(er) bad pun sorry

Hey thanks for all the interest and participation :)

I use a bunch of different techniques I scooped all around, even from pizza making.

CHCdMl.png

This is the proportions I found to work best after trying a lot of different things. I incorporate everything slowly, and never break the gluten fibers. I have a lot to say about bread making but it's all about experimenting and understanding how a dough work. I have been chasing that crumb for more than two years now.

Fermented dough is a piece of your previous batch of dough you keep in the fridge between batches. You can let it sit for two day, two weeks, the more it sits the more tasty the bread. I have been keeping a piece like that for almost a year now and I intend to keep it going for ever.

I've made the no knead bread several times (last time I baked it in a pullman pan, which made some great toast). Hopefully soon I'll be diving into sourdough.

E281DB74-24F5-4067-81A8-208390A6FDCF_zpswa9yzch6.jpg

So for the fermented dough I could use some leftover pizza dough?

Which flours do you use? I have some KA Sir Lancelot for our pizza dough and their regular bread flour.

Good pictures !

That's looking fluffy inside, nice.

Leftover pizza dough, why not ? I use organic stone milled flour bought from the farm with 10% of a blend of sifted spelt and rye flour for taste.

Back