72 Blocks of Stabilized Koa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding a bunch of stabilized Koa blocks to my web store.
Last I looked there were 72 blocks with prices averaging between $35 to $65 each. A few are lower and a few higher. This is the best selection of stabilized Koa blocks I have ever had. All were stabilized by K&G.

This link will take you to that section of the store.

These are a few of my favorites;

Spalted Koa
a20791c131717cde92b511_l.jpg

Fiddleback Red Koa
a2079151317360093b52e1_l.jpg

Blister or Birdseye Koa
a2079151317362b7e1cd91_l.jpg

Crushed Velvet Koa
a20791c13171d1d5894b32_l.jpg

No matter how I tried I could not get the photos to look nearly as good as they look in real life. If I could figure out how, I think the best way would be to take a video in the sunlight. Then you would see that this wood reflects a metallic flash like a bicycle reflector in your headlights.

Wow....we've got to figure out how to block Stefan from this section. Very nice stuff!

Too late... I really would like to find out about Mark's sources. Some of his blocks are better than anything I have seen here locally. Somebody has to be hiding these treasures from me. I don't need much, I guess 4-5 BF would last me a lifetime - and cost more than my car...

Stefan

Getting the really good stuff is not always a matter of just finding the wood and paying for it.
Sometimes you have to do a couple favors on the side, like burning down a house or bumping someone off.
It kind of bugged me at first but you get used to it after a while.

Stunning wood, looking forward to getting my first wee package off you.

They just showed up this morning.... very very nice indeed. Thanks, I'll have to sell some knives now so I can do some more burr shopping.

They just showed up this morning.... very very nice indeed. Thanks, I'll have to sell some knives now so I can do some more burr shopping.

I really like the look of your blades, so ....... maybe we can do a little horse trading in the future?

Thanks. Yeah that could work out well.

Edit, cogs turning.
infact thats a great idea. I won't need anything for a while and to be honest I need the blades I have right now as stock to get finished and sold. But if you tell me what you have your eye on. I'll make an extra one for the next lot for some burl swappsies.

Back