• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tanaka R2 Ironwood or WA knvies

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidSnake03

Reaction score
Hey KKF,

I know this might be a long shot given how much these are loved by their owners and how infrequently I ever see them for sale but it never hurts to ask....

I'm looking to pick up something from the Tanaka R2 damascus line ideally either a 210mm gyuto or 240mm gyuto WA OR Western Ironwood is completely fine! This maker and specifically the R2 stuff has been on my bucket list for too long and they have always sort of been dream knives for me. My tax refund came in and I'm looking to burn through a bit of it to hopefully get a hold of one of these.

If you had one of his Suji's or Nakiri's I would consider that also given the price but mainly looking for either 210mm or 240mm Gyuto's.

The knife should be in good shape without heavy use or abuse, please nothing that has been beaten up or scratched a bunch or damaged. Thank you and feel free to message me with pic's, offers etc....

Back