Quantcast
HHH Damascus Pic.gallery - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Damascus Pic.gallery

Look what Jr. thew on my bench today.. Its our version of Spirograph pattern damascus.. He made this extra wide for me.. Its 2 3/8" wide and over 14" long and is 2.5mm thick Should be a EXCEPTIONAL looking knife!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirograph 021.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	1577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spirograph 019.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	1578  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Show off!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Wow that is stunning!

Thanks Guys, This one is not spoken for yet.. Im sure its going to look amazing looking when completed..

Any suggestions as to blade profile?

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Hey guys, Im looking for a blade profile for this sweet billet that I wont have to loose alot of the steel or pattern at the tip.. Any Suggestions?

Availible Knives

Not sure of length and height, but some possibilies would be a usuba, a nakiri, or a kiritsuke-style gyuto.

Look here for a good library of J-knives: http://zknives.com/knives/kitchen/mi...ll/index.shtml

Thanks, The billet is 14" long 2 3/8" wide and 2.5mm thick. pics above in last post with photos

Availible Knives

~240 mm kiritsuke-style gyuto would probably maximize the use of the billet. If you weld on non-damascus for tangs (and I don't think that you do) you could make two ~175 mm usubas or nakiris.

I'm thinking a santoku would be a more mainstream choice and keep most of the steel at the tip.

Thats a very good link to have.. I spent some time over there reading. Thanks for the link David.

Santoku would be a good choice.. But I was hoping to try something new and different.. Still thinking....

Availible Knives