Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HHH Damascus Pic.gallery

Very cool looking knife, and that damascus pattern really looks great!

I finally did it, I profiled that billet of Spirograph into a awesome looking nakiri.. If it makes it through Heat Treat Ill post some pics later tonight or tomorrow. After doing as much research as possible about the profile and looking at hundreds of pics from factory knives to J knives to customs.. I went for it!!

It went agents every fiber in my being to make the knife profile without a tip. or should I say a pointed tip. lol Anyways. Its got a gentle roll on the board and looks like t will really preform well.. And that's what its all about..

Thanks guys for the advise and info in this.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Lol, fingers crossed for HT, I want to see some pics

Whats on the bench today?!?! Some cool stuff, Thats what. From the top. we have a 1095 HC Gyuto, then a stainless core high carbon clad Gyuto!! Then a feather pattern petty, a damascus filet and finally a damascus nakiri..

Woohooo! It made it through HT and is on my bench waiting in line for me to grind the bevels in and add handles. Please take a look at the blade profile on the Nakiri and give me your feedback or thoughts. If it needs adjustment now is the time to do it. Not after I grind the bevels.

I also added a pic of the san mia line on the Gyuto. This was Jr's first stainless san mai clad with damascus. and Im pretty stoked! The knife is not spoken for yet. Its AEB-L core and a high layer random pattern damascus cladding.

The feather pattern petty is for a member here on the board. Im really pleased with the pattern and the blade profile was based off a Shigefusa. And has a amazing feel on the board.

Thanks for checking out the thread. Comments are encouraged and welcomed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whats on the bench 017.JPG 
Views:	253 
Size:	475.5 KB 
ID:	3312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whats on the bench 042.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	471.5 KB 
ID:	3314  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whats on the bench 035.JPG 
Views:	40 
Size:	445.9 KB 
ID:	3313   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whats on the bench 022.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	317.0 KB 
ID:	3315  

Name:	Whats on the bench 038.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	457.0 KB 
ID:	3316  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Jr. may be genius!! One thing for sure.. Hes a steel wizard! or well.. maybe its just hes a skilled young man making some amazing pattern welded billets and bars!! Yea thats it.. But I still think hes a GENIUS! lol

Heres what he put on my bench today, and to say Im super stoked about this new pattern would be a HUGE understatement!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP and HOLY CRAP new patter!! 019.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	3971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP and HOLY CRAP new patter!! 021.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	404.3 KB 
ID:	3972  

Name:	WIP and HOLY CRAP new patter!! 016.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	411.5 KB 
ID:	3973  

Availible Knives

Love it, Its got rhythm

Yep Im feeling the rhythm!! Thanks Will!!

Availible Knives

That is a very cool pattern. It's almost like there are a bunch of faces on the blade. Maybe next time Jr. can shoot for some noses and eyes? Is this carbon or stainless?

Ill tell Jr he needs to tighten his act up, and at least add some eyes and noses to his damascus patterns!! lolol

Dave, Thanks for taking the time to comment. Its Carbon damascus. 1095 and 15n20 steels..

Availible Knives

Don't really think I can argue with genius after that. Boy that is amazing!