Quantcast
High Carbon Gyuto
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Carbon Gyuto

High Carbon Gyuto

I just finished this one today and snapped a few photos. Man this knife really pictured well. sometimes its a real pain to get good photos.. this beauty sat up, and all but posed for me. But after reviewing them, it looks like there was dust on my lens. The little shade spots are not on the blade. Its specs of dust. Guess its time to take it in to be cleaned, because there not on the outside of the lens.

Specs for this one are, 1095 HC with Full flat grinds. with slight convex at the cutting edge.
    RC of 58/59
    Blade is 207mm tip to heel. and 45.65mm at the heel.
    Spine is 3.5mm at the handle and has a nice distal taper to the tip.
    Handle is some of Craig's Stevens Spalted maple.

You can get more info here http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/knives-for-sale/

Thanks for looking,
    Stay sharp.
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I guess it's too late, but a black liner with those scales would have looked really nice.

99, You know, your right. That would of looked cool!
    Its too late now to change this one. Hind site is always 20/20. I may have to try this on the next one.

Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

That's a great piece of wood, and that blade looks like a real user! The red filled pins were a nice touch, color decisions like that can be a really nice subtle touch, but risky(if it doesn't work out, they're glued in!).

That tang looks might thick. Where is this knife balanced?

John, Ya know, I didnt even check the balance point on this till now. Glad you asked.
    Even with the blade thickness of 3.5mm or just under 1/8 inch at the spine just in front of the handle. Surprisingly its balance point is just about 1/2 inch in front of the handle So when I grab it in the pinch position It is balanced perfectly.

The Pins did work well on this one. As for the the wood, well its Craig's stuff and as you may already know.. he makes some of the finest stabilized woods in the world! IMO.

Availible Knives

I like that Allot. I too like a fine convex cutting edge, seems to be a bit more robust for a more multi purpose knife. Nice and easy stropping it too to keep it sharp.

Very nice! I love the handle.

I really like a nice convex edge on 1095. Like you said, Its easy to maintain. and cuts great! IMO

Availible Knives

25% off + free shipping for KKF members

Well guys, Its Monday morning and I just returned from a weekend at the lake. We ate to much and enjoyed great family fun and awesome weather..
    Sunday morning I was sipping coffee watching the sun come up over the lake, it dawned on me (pun intended) that I should run a Introductory special on KKF. I am really enjoying this forum and am learning alot for all your posts and from all the great folks on here.

If one of you KKF guys snag this deal. Please PM me. So I can also include free shipping. and refund your shipping costs through PP.

Price reduced. 25% + free shipping for KKF members.
    http://www.hhhcustomknives.com/high-...nce=d979814a94

Its a Knife Life!
    Randy

Availible Knives

Smart move on somebody's part!

-AJ