HC Handle Archive

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crappy, I'm not able to make the photos visible without having to click on the link.

Mucho, the konosuke is a Fujiyama white #2 kiritsuke.

Do I remember a GF with somewhat "eclectic" visions for handles that you brought to fruition?

Nah, GF in question would see combinations of woods, metals that most would never conceive. Handle maker (I think it was Karl) would make it work, and work very well.

Now it's been a couple years and I'm getting to where I can hide my own Easter eggs but...

And Stephan did do "Hello Kitty" that was eventually installed on a Shig. Very high marks all around for that.

Do I remember a GF with somewhat "eclectic" visions for handles that you brought to fruition?

Yeah Dave, Heather chose the materials for a couple handles I've made. I'll post pics of them soon.

IMG_4586.JPG

Here is a photo of the first handle Heather helped out with.
IMG_4090.JPG

AHHHHHHH....amboyna, love me some amboyna:evilgrin:

Here is a Itinomonn 210 Sujihiki with lignum vitae and black buffalo horn.
IMG_5250.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

Here he is again but in some different light and with a friend.
IMG_5239.JPG

IMG_5241.JPG

IMG_5236.JPG

IMG_5238.JPG

with every photo i see i contemplate learning how to do this.... they are amazing

Who's the friend Karl?
Wood etc.

Chris, the friend came from the same slab of lignum vitae. I tried to get the body of the handle to be completely sap wood but a little of the heart wood remained. The ferrule is cut so the end grain shows.

I keep coming back to this page to admire these two lignum vitae handed knives. I really dig these handles. Got anymore of this particular wood left? If so I think I can see a fun little discussion in our near future?

Back