Quantcast
Need a terrine knife - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a terrine knife

I would never tell someone not to buy another knife. But the masamoto gyuto will still work very well. If you really want suji. As many people know a 240mm suji is about one of the favorite knife shapes. I used to use a tadatsuna which was nice but too expensive plus I would just go with a konosuke over that given the option and ease. I would recommend giving Jon a buzz, he has quite a few knives that will fit your needs. If I did not sell my tadatsuna I would say you should take that off my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    I would never tell someone not to buy another knife. But the masamoto gyuto will still work very well. If you really want suji. As many people know a 240mm suji is about one of the favorite knife shapes. I used to use a tadatsuna which was nice but too expensive plus I would just go with a konosuke over that given the option and ease. I would recommend giving Jon a buzz, he has quite a few knives that will fit your needs. If I did not sell my tadatsuna I would say you should take that off my hands.
    And I would have told you I don't have that money right now :P I can imagine the masamoto gyuto will work well, but I was thinking it's time to add some sort of razor to the collection
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

What about a Forschner salmon slicer?

the gesshin 210 petty i have is super thin im not sure about his other sujis in that line but im sure he could help you out. Also the konosuke gyutos are super thin i would imagine the sujis are as well maybe look into those to.

Konosuke HD suji or gyuto. Doesn't matter. Both are thin, thin, thin.... A little more than you want to spend but also much more than a terrine knife. Was reading Ruhlman's "Soul of a Chef" about the Master Chef certification at the CIA and several of the chef's had points deducted for uneven slicing of charcuterie and one chef lost points because his cut wasn't nice and evenly done--obviously done with a dull knife.

is the white steel and the hd konosuke the same thickness?? I prefer white steel only because im more familiar with it... and its more in my price range
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

+ Reply to Thread