Amakusa and binsui natural stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supertreerun

Reaction score
I bought these jnats cheap roughly $40 each. However I'm not quite sure the actual grit ratings. I was wondering if any one has had any experience with them. I feel like the progression isn't perfect also, I was thinking of adding a stone between the progression but don't know which one. Keep in mind this is my first attempt at jnats. Any info will be much appreciated.

My impression was that a binsui is an amakusa albeit a very white one with possibly slightly higher grit rating than the standard white and brown amakusa.

May want the experts on naturals to chime in so I'd post this in the J-nat club thread in Maxim's subforum as well.

They were marked in separate categories (Course and Medium) but it makes sense they are similiar. I'll post it over there and see what i get thanks!

I use a dmt plate on the amakusa, and a nagura on the binsui, are there advantages of slow cutting? Should I consider adding stones to the line up before the finishing stone?

Back