Curried Pork Loin Sammiches - Photo Essay

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vertigo

Slightly Less Hooligan
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

Tonight, for an early and easy dinner, we decided to convert one of my favorties--curry crusted pork loin--into a quick sammich, and I figured in the best interest of my fellow foodies I might bring the camera into the kitchen.

The Victims:

Two fat pork loin steaks, primed for the pan. I seasoned them with kosher salt and cracked black pepper, smeared them with a paste of horseradish and mustard, and then dredged them in a mix of bread crumbs, yellow curry powder, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and pepper.

pork01.jpg

While letting the steaks rest, I got the cast iron skillet preheated in a 350 oven, then onto the gas.

pork02.jpg

pork03.jpg

Once the crust was formed, into the oven to finish cooking. In the mean time, a crusty loaf of artisan bread demanded attention:

pork04.jpg

The pork resting after it's harrowing adventure in the oven:

pork08.jpg

First cuts. I can only blame the blurry picture on the shaking of my hands, as I became much more focused on eating than photography. Pork is a bit more done than I like, but a bit less done than the girlfriend likes. A compromise, I suppose.

pork05.jpg

An unflattering shot of the sandwich being built. There's little need for much besides the pork, so I stick with a bit of mayo on one slice of bread, and more of the horseradish and mustard blend on the other:

pork06.jpg

And finally, assembled and ready to eat. The salad is more of last nights dinner: cabbage, spinach, carrot, onion, cilantro, chopped nuts, and dry Ramen noodles with a dressing of sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, a splash of lemon juice and zest.

pork07.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mmm... pork... it looks really good. Thanks for sharing!

Back