Butcher knife recommendation - for a co-worker

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am kind of lost here, a co-worker asked me for a recommendation on a butchers knife. Never had one, never desired to buy one ...

Any idea? He wants stainless and no more than $80 ... that's all he said!

"Butcher" is not very definitive. A Vnox cimitar meets the price rqmt, may meet knife rqmt and is a decent knife. Suggest you sort out what type knife is wanted then go from there.

Victornox pref. The fibrox line. If he is looking for a scmitar it will rangé 45-70 boning is 10-30 based on length and handle Choice.

You can do most butchering with a 10" victornox breaking knife and 6" boning knife. The fibrox handles are nice and stay grippy even when covered in blood and fat. You should be able to get both for $80 if you shop around.

A boning knife or something else?

The butchers I sharpen for all like F Dick ergo grip knives. There are Victorinox there as well. Scimetars and boning knives.

I use a flexible and stiff boning knife as well as a bullnose butcher. Victorinox and F. Dick work well although Marko did mention something about meat fabricating knives :happy1:

Back