Japanese Knives Paper knife!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I received my paper knife today from Mitsuaki-T* by way of the the good people at JKI. To say that I'm floored by every aspect of this little beauty would be an understatement. Design, execution, packaging....all make you really feel the love of his craft that Mitsuaki obviously has in spades. Here's some pics and some size referencing for ya. Thanks Jon and Sara for the top-shelf and personalized customer service :thumbsup:

Rounded spine.
5990997605_1b28245b67_b.jpg

5990997291_8c65caabf4_b.jpg

5991553612_93e79af2cb_b.jpg

5990998115_0e41f42b9d_z.jpg

5990998345_a364ac2f70_z.jpg

5990998571_4d599b862d_b.jpg

Very cool! But how does it do slicing brisket?

Yes,very cool little knife.What's it used for? A letter opener?

Yes,very cool little knife.What's it used for? A letter opener?

It's a fancy prison shank. :lol2: Until I saw the pic with the knife in your hand, I'd didn't realize how tiny they are.

The design on the box gives an idea of the purpose.

Wow, I did not realize how small they were either. Good luck sharpening that!

I doubt he's gonna be breaking down cases of chickens with that knife,a bit of stropping should do the trick..

...or I may use the sharpmaker at 30 deg. for this one as it works great for my pocket knives and this blade is about the same size as well.

I don't see what the problem would be. I learned to sharpen on blades not much bigger than that!

Jon...

I have a question... do they come with that mini-knife block on the pictures or is that a prop?

Thanks!

that's really nice, I can't figure it out that every time I see the word "paper knife" I think a knife made of paper

Jon...

I have a question... do they come with that mini-knife block on the pictures or is that a prop?

Thanks!

there were 3 different types in the last order... one type came with those blocks... but those are sold out for the time being

Back